|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Creepy Crawlers was an animated series by Saban Entertainment that ran from 1994 to 1995. It was loosely based on a toyline that revolved around molding plastic into insects. The show was about a boy named Chris Carter. He spends his days working in a magic shop run by Professor Googenrime, an old magician who wishes to gain true magic powers to get back at the magicians that laughed at him. Chris experiments with a Magic Maker to help with business, but accidentally creates insectoid heroes called the Goop-Mandoes(Hocus Locust, Tick-Trick-Tick, and Volt Jolt). Googengrime, however, takes the Magic Maker and uses it to create horrible creatures called Crime Grimes. Chris teams up with the Goop-Mandoes to foil Googengrime's schemes in every episode. During the course of the show, a few other Goop-Mandoes joined: Sting Ring, Commantis, T-4, and Fire Eyes.
- Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever: Several of the Crime Grimes were huge. There was also one occasion where Googengrime himself became gigantic after being exposed to the goop used to create the Goop-Mandoes and the Crime Grimes.
- Alliterative Name: Chris Carter.
- Big Bad: Professor Googengrime.
- Big Eater: Tick-Trick-Tick(T-3 for short!)
- Butt Monkey: Chris Carter. While the Goop-Mandoes are well-meaning, they tend to cause a lot of trouble for him(they stole his brother's car and ate his homework, to name but two).
- The Dragon: Spooky Goopy.
- Freudian Excuse: Professor Googengrime wanted to get back at the magicians that laughed at him when he botched a magic trick.
- Heel Face Turn: Commantis originally was on Googengrime's side, but later joined the Goop-Mandoes.
- The Merch / Merchandise-Driven: Creepy Crawlers is an unusual example. On the one hand, the show is an advertisement for the Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker (the show's "Magic Maker" IS the Thingmaker), but on the other hand, the show had its own action figure line, with no connection to the actual toy.
- Monster of the Week: A lot of the Crime Grimes were essentially this.
- Name's the Same: Chris Carter.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: In the season two opener, Professor Googengrime tried to kill the Goop-Mandoes with super-goop, but it instead enhanced their powers, made them stronger, and changed their color schemes.
- Punny Name: Professor Guggengrime/Googengrime's name is a pun on Guggenheim (as in the Guggenheim Museum).
- Spell My Name with an "S": In the action figure line based on the show, Googengrime's name was spelled "Guggengrime".