|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Cool McCool was an Affectionate Parody of Super Spy adventures. It was created by Al Brodax, the man responsible for both the animated Beatles series and Yellow Submarine, and Bob Kane, the creator of Batman.
Cool was a secret agent working at Secret, Incorporated. His chief was called simply Number One, who would send him out against such evildoers as the Owl; Jack-in-the-Box; hat-themed Mad Scientist Dr. Madcap and his green-haired henchwoman, Greta Ghoul; the serpentine Rattler, and Hurricane Harry. Cool tended to defeat his foes through dumb luck, but no matter how well he did against his rogues' gallery, afterward he'd mess things up with Number One, causing Number One to eject Cool from his office.
Each episode had two Cool McCool adventures sandwiching one adventure about his father, Harry McCool. Harry and his brothers, Dick and Tom, were a trio of Keystone Kops-style police officers.
Cool McCool provides examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname
- Badass Mustache
- Bald of Awesome - Harry McCool.
- Blow You Away - Hurricane Harry.
- Comic Trio - Harry and his two brothers.
- Catch Phrase - "Danger is my business" and "That will never happen again, Number One."
- Cool Car - The Coolmobile (natch).
- Does Not Like Shoes - The Owl.
- The Faceless - Number One.
- Fat Bastard - Hurricane Harry.
- Spy Fiction- Parodied affectionately.
- Theme Naming - Harry and his two brothers.
- Three Shorts
- Verbal Tic: Cool has a habit of speaking in spoonerisms.
- Villainous Harlequin- Jack-in-the-Box.
- X Meets Y - James Bond meets Get Smart.