|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mission update: Agent Connor Heath. Items of note RE: operation to protect Gisela Calicos.
Connor Undercover is a show about Connor Heath, a spy nerd who has seen The Bourne Identity almost fifty times and has an assortment of spy gear. His dream, naturally, is to be a secret agent, which comes true before he could possibly hope when Gisela Calicos, the daughter of the president of Cordoba, is sent to live with his family undercover. The series takes place in Toronto, Canada.
The series started in April, 2010 and is still ongoing.
List of tropes appearing in Connor Undercover:
- Alpha Bitch: Gisela for the first few episodes. She's a president's only child: she was spoiled something fierce.
- Amusing Injuries: Made up to cover Gisela's untimely interjection.
"That was Ty. Bannister incident. He'll live."
- Ascended Fanboy: Connor always dreamed of being a super spy, and suddenly he's protecting a political target. He has no formal training, but has managed to put enough lore and common sense together to be decent at the job.
- Big Bad: Azul. An operative codenamed The Magician reveals that he is Cordoban royalty, a faction Gisela's father toppled. Alive and kicking back, indeed.
- Big Damn Heroes: Gisela shows up right on time to save Connor's bacon after he goes to find her phone.
- Big No: Ty's sugar withdrawal was made worse by Lily knowing where all of his hidden candy is. Interestingly, by taking his candy from him, she is openly helping him with a bet he made against her for ten dollars, and she's doing it for the joint pleasures of salvaging his dental health and watching him suffer.
- Bilingual Bonus: Whenever Gisela is irritated she reverts to Spanish. Connor doesn't seem to care too much how irritated she gets.
Connor: (in response to Gisela's grubling) You'd better be talking about tacos.
- Breathless Non-Sequitur: Most of Lily's verbal avalanches throw in one or two of these, including knitting treehouses and cooking salmon in dishwashers,
- Butt Monkey: Special Agent Jorge Guzman, Cordoban Secret Service.
- Cool Big Sis: How Lily sees Gisela.
- False Friend: Connor was right about Zatari.
- Freudian Slip:
"You turned out wow."
- Military Alphabet: The first episode has Connor's dad speaking in Military Alphabet until he notices Connor staring, where in he immediately switches over to babbling the most mundane nonsense he can think of before hanging up.
- Motor Mouth: Lily talks without spaces or sentences for extended periods of time and has No Indoor Voice which was actually a plot point in one episode. The only thing that can shut her up is her sheer awe of Gisela.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Lily is not as good as Gisela at all.
- The President's Daughter: Gisela.
- Sherlock Scan: Connor is able to discern a pretty accurate profile of Andre by looking at him from down the hallway. In true Sherlock fashion, he then points out every clue he saw.
- Shoe Phone: Averted: All of Connor and Ed's gadgets are exactly what they look like, and are just used covertly. Lampshaded when Gisela asks Connor what Bond would do, and he gives an elaborate response involving getting odd gadgets from Q and hitting on enemy spy chicks.
- Spot the Imposter: Ed sets up a test for Connor to spot a mole by bringing in a body-double for Gisella. He spots her from the start, but keeps looking, thinking 'it couldn't be that easy.' Fortunately, because he doesn't stop looking, he finds a real spy just in time to save Gisela.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Lumberland, the all-wood theme park. Yes it burned down, but Ty reminds you that you can't prove anything.
- Teen Superspy: Connor, after a fashion. With only self-training he's able to decipher a code made by trained spies in minutes. This is where his suspicion of Zatari begins. Beginning Season Two, he is accepted into the Cordoban Secret Service and is being trained by their top operative, Eduardo Garcia.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: Connor and Gisela's superspy exploits are broken up evenly by children being children; that is, Connor's little brother Tyler harassing the neighbor girl, Lily, or the other way around.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Lily and Tyler are always at eachother's throats, metaphorically speaking; the two constantly prank one another. When things get serious, though, they stop jerking each other around and work together, if only long enough to solve the problem.
- Wig, Dress, Accent: Connor becomes Desmond Wallbanks III (and was given the prompt nickname of D3 by the person he was trying to fool) with the use of make-up, a wig, clothes WAY beyond his style (or income), fake glasses, speech coaching, and a manners course. Gisela was given full control over the disguise and basically crafted Connor into her ideal boy.
Agent Heath signing off.