The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adorkable: Rodent is qualified to be this.
- Animation Age Ghetto: Ahahaha, no.
- Best Boss Ever: The Great Mighty Poo.
- Cargo Ship: Rodent for the Class 22 tank.
- Crosses the Line Twice: First Berri is brutally murdered right in front of Conker, then her dead body is sucked into an airlock and hurled into space forever.
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- Ear Worm:
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- The Great Mighty Poo.
- Some DA fans also consider Batula as this, as he has gained a small fanbase.
- Gregg is also popular with the fans, probably due to him being a walking Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Faux Symbolism: When the game begins and Conker gets drunk, he exits the bar and walks to the right (where his adventure will begin); in the stinger when he drinks away his depression and gets drunk once again, he exits the bar and walks to the left.
- Goddamn Bats: In various levels. You even get turned into a Goddamn Bat.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Nintendo 64 was often criticized as a "kiddy console" with Bad Fur Day being the exception that proved the rule. So when a remake was planned for the Xbox dubbed Conker: Live and Uncut, people expected to see Conker's foul mouthed antics in all their uncensored glory. Cue Executive Meddling and the game being ominously re-titled Conker: Live & Reloaded. The final product was an even more censored version of the N64 original. Some fans certainly enjoyed the irony.
- Idiot Plot: The whole Panther King storyline. It took a scientist to figure out that there was a leg missing from the king's table, and even then, the only replacement for the missing leg the Professor considered theoretically viable was a squirrel.
- This is also an Excuse Plot, as it is only there to give the Panther King a reason to want to confront Conker when he would not have one otherwise. (Though according to some tropers, it may have been implied that Ze Professor merely lies about it and tricks the Panther King to distract him from what was going to happen to him later on.)
- Nightmare Fuel: The zombies. The freaking zombies. One: well, duh, they are putrified reanimated squirrel corpses. With the left eye hanging out the socket. For all of them. Two: while they're usually slow, they'll pick up the pace upon noticing you, either by being close enough or by missing a shot, which may sometimes not give you enough time to properly take aim before they come for your brains. Three: speaking of shooting, they only go if you
shoot them in the headsplit their heads open with your boomstick. Shooting anywhere else causes gradual dismembering, and you may blow a kinda head-sized hole through their torsos. And the bastards still keep huddling towards you. Add to that the setting they're placed on, and there you have it.
- Rated "M" for Money
- Scrappy Level: Bats Tower, and Spooky.
- Scrappy Mechanic: Almost everyone hated the hoverboard racing.
- Tear Jerker:
- Berri's death.
- Conker's monologue at the finale in which he laments not saving Berri when he had the chance might tear up a few gamers who can relate to his fate.
- That One Level: Frying Tonight.
- The Scrappy: Don Weaso. Then again, you should hate him after what he does to Berri.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks/It's the Same, Now It Sucks: This is arguably a rare case of both being valid complaints with the remake. In the changes department, a large amount of fans were unhappy about Live and Reloaded being heavily censored despite being Mature rated, cutting out content, and replacing its much loved multiplayer with a new one. As for what it kept intact, the main story had no new content added beyond its updated visuals.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Kids?: And how!
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: AND HOW?!?!?
- The Woobie: Conker by the end of the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.