Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character ends up de-aged and ends up getting sent to school for their age.
- Straight: Charlie ends up going to high school with his son after he gets de-aged.
- Exaggerated: The President after being hit by a de-ageing ray is dragged by his bodyguards to attend elementary school again.
- The de-aging involved alien technology that must be kept secret.
- Charlie is an immortal who suffered his first death in his early to mid teen years and goes to high school as part of his cover.
- The de-aging was complete enough that Charlie forgot everything he learned since he was really that age, so he has to go back to school to learn it again.
- Subverted: When he was about to be sent off to school, Charlie demonstrates that he is who he says he is on his driver's licence through genetic testing.
- Double Subverted: The results get thrown out after a massive scandal at the testing lab, and Charlie is shipped off to school.
- Parodied: Everyone starts treating Charlie like he's much younger despite knowing his mind was unaffected. They also have him sent back to younger than his actual age.
- Deconstructed: Charlie already had problems just from getting de-aged. Despite his efforts they refuse to let him go to get another degree in college. Getting forced into school makes him thoroughly miserable Delinquent thanks to being stuck "learning" what he already knows, patronized by adults and being magnitudes ahead of his peers.
- Reconstructed: He helps his peers with all kinds of troubles with his Wise Beyond Their Years knowledge.
- Zig Zagged: Charlie ends up de-aged and going back to school. However this is because he also lost his memories. Then he regains them and ends up not attending school. Then he is forced back into school. However once The Masquerade is lifted he continues his adult life mostly unaffected apart from the extra lifespan and dating difficulties.
- Averted: Charlie continues to adventure with the rest despite appearing underaged.
- Enforced: Originally Charlie was going to assist Dave and play hooky but the producers were worried due to worries that Moral Guardians would say he was setting a bad example and had him start attending.
- Lampshaded: Charlie: "Aww dammit I'm going to have to go back to school aren't I?" Alice: "Don't curse! And yes."
- Invoked: Charlie misses his old school life, so de-ages himself and goes back to school on purpose.
- Bob suggests that Charlie do this. "That is the stupidest thing I have heard!"
- When asked, Bob claims to be homeschooled.
- Discussed: "Now that you're 15 again, shouldn't you be attending high school?"
- Conversed: "Charlie should just take a competency test, be labeled a prodigy and grab thousands of dollars in grant money."
- Played For Laughs: The Fountain of Youth is common knowledge but due to legal inertia all de-aged adults are required by law to attend school. Everyone points out that this doesn't make sense but goes along with it.
- Played For Drama: Charlie was a socially awkward former Child Prodigy before the de-aging and never had a normal childhood. The story revolves around him trying to cope and have the childhood he denied himself.
Shouldn't you be in Compulsory School Age troper?