Where Bandwidth Commits Suicide and Cool Comes to Die
Community Channel is the YouTube profile used by Natalie Tran, an Australian and Sydney resident of Vietnamese descent, in which she narrates every day events and then dramatises them in skits usually playing all the parts herself. Sometimes serious but almost always tongue-in-cheek, she will usually point to a common stereotype, trope, or mannerism and will subsequently subvert it in a short skit "because just once I would love it to go down like this". Her sense of humour, hobbies, constant Self-Deprecation, and the fact that she takes the time to talk about the favourite comments left by her video´s viewers at the end of the subsequent videos in the segment "porno music/comment time" has made her one of the most well known and successful youtubers, with a devout fan base, having over a million subscribers. All of this topped by an Australian Accent.
In 2010, she worked with Lonely Planet, traveling the world and making travelogues in a style similar to her Youtube videos.
- Acting for Two: in her skits she usually plays all the parts
- Asian and Nerdy: Young Nat
- Between My Legs: In "Towels and Code".
- Bom Chicka Wow Wow: Porno-music-slash-comment-time.
- Everythings Cuter With Kittens: She recently got a Russian blue.
- Development Hell: The Lamingtons video
- Fan Girl: Of Dwight, among other things. Not in a creepy/over-obsessive way, but used for comic references.
- Once an Episode: "Hi", "Porno-music-slash-comment time", Your Mum Rates Me
- Self-Deprecation: Probably every other sentence she says.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: The abs video and the celebrity makeup video.
- Your Mum: rates me.
- And numerous other riffs on this theme.