|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Troy and Abed will be back in "College Cut-Ups 2: Pantie Raid Academy".
While hanging out in the cafeteria Jeff and Britta become targets of ridicule for a trio of elitist high school students attending Greendale for early college credit. They try to get revenge but find the results are less than satisfying. Meanwhile the study group is torn apart when Pierce goes too far and humiliates Shirley and fails to apologize, resulting in an ultimatum. On the lighter side, Abed has a Quintessential College Experience List and Troy is helping him complete it.
The Community episode "The Art of Discourse" provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Abed goes down a list to fulfill every college movie trope he can with Troy.
- Animal Reaction Shot: When a joke by Britta falls flat, the goat gets a reaction shot.
- Extreme Omni Goat: One of the Hilarious Outtakes shows the goat trying to eat Troy's notes.
- Food Fight: One breaks out right after the usually Genre Savvy Abed points out that "classic college experiences never happen organically".
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Foosball And Nocturnal Vigilantism" would show that this is not the first time Jeff's been bullied.
- Hot Mom: Mark's mom. Jeff bangs her. Twice. Off-screen.
- I Banged Your Mom: ...just so he can have the satisfaction of telling him about it.
- Instant AI, Just Add Water: Conversed:
Abed: Boobatron's great. And once someone spills bongwater on his circuitry and he comes to life, he's gonna make us the coolest guys on campus and help us get babes.
- Irony: It's implied that Mark, the leader of the high schoolers, will meet the same fate as Jeff. His medical license will be revoked and he will disappear possibly to a community college to earn an actual medical degree.
- Magical Negro: Troy offers to help Abed finish all the entries on his Quintessential College Experience List.
Troy: I'll be your Morgan Freeman.
- NameTron: Booba-tron
- Noodle Incident: Abed had already kissed the hottest girl on campus and it was neither Annie nor Britta.
- NOT!: Britta. Even The Goat Is Ashamed.
- Not So Above It All: Shirley advocates that Pierce's racism is one of the reasons that he should be kicked out of the group. But as Annie later points out, she's the most bigoted out of all of them after Pierce.
- Not So Different: Jeff tries to tell Britta that she shouldn't be concerned about some asshole teenagers asking them what mistakes they made to end up where they are in life, but interrupts himself by blowing up at Pierce and asking him what mistakes he made to end up where he is in life.
- Pizza Boy Special Delivery: Troy and Abed are discussing Porn Names when porn-esque bass music starts playing and a studly pizza delivery guy enters asking in a suggestive manner who ordered the pizza with "extra sausage" he has. After Troy and Abed flee the room, the music stops and the camera cuts to Leonard with a guitar saying he ordered the pizza.
- Take That: Abed explains how the absence of Pierce has left the status of group Butt Monkey up for grabs:
- Teens Are Monsters: The highschool students attending campus for a program to earn college credits won't stop MERCILESSLY hounding the cast for going to a community college, when they'll be one day going to universities. Strangely Up to Eleven - many fans felt they were too cruel to be funny.
- Mark's mom taught him to be cruel.
- Totally Radical: "Pwn" had pretty much run its course by 2008. The teenagers were infuriating enough without using that word with one of the kids' mothers.
- Unusual Euphemism: The utterly impenetrable obscurity of "schmitty!" just makes it all the more infuriating.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: After Pierce gets kicked out of the group for pantsing Shirley, they quickly realizes that they need him back, because his vital role as the biggest Jerkass there allows the rest of them to get along better with each other by diverting all their vitriol toward himself.
- Where Are They Now? Epilogue: In keeping with the Animal House influence of Abed's subplot.
Jeff Winger: Banged Mark's mom. Twice.