|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Jeff's love life is complicated when Britta drunk dials him. To reestablish the status quo Abed convinces Jeff he must leave an equally embarrassing phone call for Britta. After Troy and Pierce are humiliated by Chang, Annie and Shirley vow to get revenge, but the execution of their plan is less than ideal.
The Community episode "Communication Studies" provides examples of:
- Brick Joke: In the cold open, Abed emphasizes the importance emphasis to successful sarcasm. At the end of the cold open, he goes to town on sarcasm to remind Jeff that he, in fact, knows something about television.
- Cannot Convey Sarcasm:
Abed: Oh that's sarcasm, but I forgot to inflect. This sounds WAY MORE like sarcasm. Inflection is SO interesting.
- Cross Dresser: Chang forces Troy and Pierce to wear attractive pants suits as punishment for trying to get revenge on him for humiliating them. It was Shirley and Annie.
- Drunken Montage: Abed and Jeff (another scene lifted directly from The Breakfast Club).
- Hangover Sensitivity: Britta, Jeff, and Abed.
- Ho Yay: Troy calls Pierce a "slut!" for hopping on Chang's bike to go get some frozen yogurt.
- Lady in Red: Britta. And she's seriously just doing it to mess with Jeff.
- Never Live It Down: Britta implies that Jeff's drunk dial is forty minutes long and she intends to hold it over his head.
- Playing Drunk: Jeff tries to do this to drunk-dial Britta. Abed insists he ACTUALLY gets drunk. Hilarity Ensues.
- A Simple Plan:
Jeff: So, what, to even the score I have to drunk dial her? Isn't that absurdly simplistic? Would it even work?
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Jeff and Britta have the same reaction to arming the Human Being with arrows.
Oh, it has arrows now. That's safe.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Troy vehemently denies that his "girlfriend" is fake before Chang even questions it.
- Through His Stomach: Abed is on the receiving end of several muffin baskets from actresses who want to star in his next film.
- Valentines Day Episode
- Woman Scorned: Jeff calls his girlfriend and hangs when he realizes she's not Britta. Anger ensues.