|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Troy and Britta are taking classes they need to keep secret from the rest of the study group. But when they uncover each others secret they decide to come out to the group. Meanwhile Jeff is having a relationship he needs to keep secret from everyone. Needless to say doesn't go as planned.
The Community episode "Interpretive Dance" provides examples of:
- Awesomeness By Analysis: Abed picks up tap just by watching Britta.
- Brick Joke: See Double Subversion
- In the tag, Troy and Abed are doing a crossword in which many of the answers are the names of the study group members. This may well be a reference to the fact that Annie is the editor of the school paper's crossword as # Investigative Journalism.
- Changing Clothes Is a Free Action: A rare live-action example when Troy wears breakaway pants over his dancing tights.
- Double Entendre
Prof. Slater: We never finished our intercourse.
Jeff: Yeah.... No one says "intercourse" for anything but sex.
- Double Subversion: Don't know what trope this is but definitely a double subversion. Jeff says that as soon as he and professor Slater kiss, the blinds will open. They don't, but then it is shown that blinds across the hall did open revealing his relationship to his friends.
- It doubles as a Brick Joke in that the cold open involved the group talking about the fact that the door gets locked after five, and they need someone to be there, waiting to open it.
- Dressed in Layers: Troy.
- Female Gaze: Britta.
- Heroic BSOD: Britta realizing Jeff is in a committed relationship.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Britta speculates Jeff and Slater's relationship lacked romance and would end once the thrill of the secrecy was gone. While their relationship manages to survive for a while, Britta and Jeff automatically break up after the group finds out about their relationship and accept it.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Britta gushes when she, a white person, gets to use, "What do you mean, 'you people'?!" on Shirley, a black person.
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: Alluded to when Pierce reacts to Britta and Troy's dancing as "culturally unacceptable" but "theatrical dynamite".
- Moment Killer: The Dean.
- MST: Pierce basically pulls this out during the dance recital.
- Not What It Looks Like: Annie misinterprets Britta's and Troy's behavior.
- Real Men Wear Pink
- Relationship Upgrade: At Greendale, there is apparently paperwork to mark the exact moment this happens, at least for the people the Dean considers hot.
- Secret Relationship: Jeff and Prof. Slater.
- Ship Tease: Britta/Troy. Obvious enough for Annie to get in a tizzy over it.
- Spontaneous Choreography
- Take That: In the same conversation, Jeff and Slater both use Jim Belushi as a yardstick for mediocrity.
Jeff: He is really taking a beating in this conversation.
- Team Mom: Emotionally this is like being told you are our new mom.
- 20% More Awesome: The secrecy makes the sex 38% more exciting.