The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: An ensemble, probably a Five-Man Band, all wear different colours.
- Played Straight: In the RPG Tales Of Troperia, the Five-Man Band is composed of The Hero, Prince Bob, who always wears his gold armour with his crown-shaped helmet, The Lancer, Prince Charlie, who always wears his brown knight's armour, The Smart Guy, Prince Dave, who always wears his blue Black Mage outfit, The Big Guy, Princess Emily, who always wears her green Karateka outfit, and The Chick, Princess Alice, who always wears her red and white White Mage outfit.
- Exaggerated: The Sixth Rangers all wear different colours too.
- Inverted: Everyone wears the same uniform, because they all work for the same organization, and therefore have the same colour.
- Justified: The outfits show their different jobs - Hero, Knight, Black Mage, Monk, and White Mage respectively.
- Subverted: None of them have a Limited Wardrobe.
- Double Subverted: They change their outfits almost instantly.
- Deconstructed: The Big Bad knows their weak points by their colours, and creates a Barrier Change Boss.
- Reconstructed: Which they beat down easily anyway.
- Parodied: They all wear the same colour, with different accents - their outfits have no differences otherwise.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, that's Alice. I know by her..." "...feathers?" "... No, because she's wearing red."
- Averted: They don't have any colour-coding system.
- Enforced: The writers do this because the game is based on Power Rangers, of which the author is a fan.
- Invoked: The heroes decide to dress in signiture colours so that they can spot each other easily in a big battle.
- Defied: They refuse to wear exactly five colours between them.
- Discussed: "Why do you always wear those outfits? Yellow, Brown, Red, Blue, Green..."
- Conversed: "Hey, you remember that RPG? Yeah, I could tell them apart by their colours and weapons over their being a Five-Man Band, Five-Token Band, and Five Temperament Ensemble."
- Played For Laughs: Bob joins a super team, and finds out to his horror that the only colours left untaken are pink and purple.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.