The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Colin Baker (born June 8th, 1943) is a British actor best known (on this site) for his role as the sixth incarnation of the Doctor.
Television and Film Roles
- Cool Old Guy: He's still a staple guest at sci-fi conventions around the world even though he's pushing 70.
- Deus Angst Machina: Just happened to get his dream role when the series was in a rut, had nearly half his stories viewed with disdain  and only one at the most viewed with any nostalgia , suffered from a hateful eye by the BBC Controller (who was screwing his ex-wife), got a planned run longer than any previous Doctor (for the record, that's 9 years and 9 seasons, and he would have lasted until the 30th anniversary) cut into a paltry 2 years, got a whole season of material cut, including encounters with the Autons, the Ice Warriors, and even the Celestial Toymaker, found out his son died of SIDS... yeah, ends up being a wonder how Colin still talks about the show, let alone remembers it fondly.
- Large Ham
- Ham and Cheese: Even in his worst Doctor Who serials, he still made an event to liven things up.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Whilst the Sixth Doctor is arguably the most unpleasant incarnation of the character, Baker himself has been claimed by fans to be the nicest actor to ever take the role. He's also an avid campaigner for SIDS awareness, after the death of his son in the 1980s.
- One of Us: Oh yeah.
- Promoted Fanboy: Like David Tennant, he always wanted to be on his favorite show.
- ↑ (out of 11, The Twin Dilemma, The Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors, Timelash, and Terror of the Vervoids)
- ↑ (Revelation of the Daleks)
- ↑ And he's returned the most times for Multi-Doctor specials - Dimensions In Time, The Four Doctors, The Eight Doctors, The One Doctor, Happy Deathday,The Forgotten, and The Sirens of Time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.