|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The desperation in Mr. Green as he attempts to prevent the cop from discovering all the corpses, from his ridiculous Captain Obvious tour of the house, to his Obfuscating Stupidity in feigning ignorance of which rooms the cop is talking about (made funnier if you take the third ending into account--he's a real cop going through ridiculous antics to prevent the sting from being ruined), culminating in his reactions to what they discover in the study and the lounge. Michael McKean's expressions have to be seen to be believed. "Because...because it's all too shocking!"
- Mrs. White admitting that she killed Yvette, and explaining why-- Madeline Kahn forgot the rest of the line, and ad-libbed the resulting gem.
- Wadsworth abusing Mr. Green during The Summation.
Mr. Green: WILL YOU STOP THAT!
- In the second ending, you see he's gotten wise and ducks out of the way when he demonstrates how Yvette and the Cop were killed.
- The gagging noise Mrs. White makes when Wadsworth pretends she's Yvette and strangles her is priceless.
- When Wadsworth lies face-down on the floor in the study to simulate Mr. Boddy, he appears to be dead. Everyone gasps and Mr. Green exclaims "Oh, grand!" before Wadsworth springs back up again, nearly giving poor Mr. Green a heart attack.
- When Wadsworth falls out of the kitchen cupboard Mr. Green catches him, then simply drops him onto the floor in exasperation.
- "I...am...your singing telegram..." *BAM*
- "I didn't know it was that free."
- A good portion of the humor during The Summation comes from the madcap soundtrack, which unsurprisingly is quite vaudevillian in nature.
- The first ending.
Wadsworth: The game's up, Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.
Ms. Scarlet: Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick?
Wadsworth: It's not a trick. There was one shot at Mr. Boddy in the Study; two for the chandelier; two at the Lounge door and one for the singing telegram.
Ms. Scarlet: That's not six!
Wadsworth: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1.
Ms. Scarlet: Uh-uh, there was only one shot that got the chandelier. It's 1 + 2 + 1 + 1.
Wadsworth: Even if you are right, that would be 1 + 1 + 2 + 1, not 1 + 2 + 1 + 1.
Ms. Scarlet: ...'kay, fine. 1 + 2 + 1 -- SHUT UP! The point is, there's one bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it!
- After shooting the last bullet at the chandelier.
- The second ending.
- "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
- *slap* *slap* *boing*
- "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
- When Miss Scarlet and Colonel Mustard are locked in the lounge with the dead motorist, and the others are trying to get the door open.
Professor Plum: The door's locked!
Mr. Green: I know!
Professor Plum: Then unlock it!
Mr. Green: Where's the key?
Wadsworth: (after searching his pockets) The key is gone!
Professor Plum: Never mind about the key! Unlock the door!
Mr. Green: (grabbing Professor Plum and shaking him) I can't unlock the door without the key! (releases Professor Plum and bangs on the door) Let us in! Let us in!
Miss Scarlet and Colonel Mustard: Let us out! Let us out!
- The guests trying to make the dead bodies seem alive for the benefit of the cop. Especially Miss White making out with the corpse on the sofa!
- "To make a long story short--"
- "Too late!"
- The "is there anyone else in the house" argument. "No meaning yes?"
- "I'm not shouting!" (Looks around at everyone.) "Alright, I am! I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUT-- (Thunk)"
- This exchange:
Colonel Mustard: Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests!?
Wadsworth: You don't need any help from me, sir.
Colonel Mustard: That's right!