|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
These are Fridge tropes related to the Clue franchise.
- Mr. Green's lack of interest in Yvette works no matter which ending you watch. In the first two endings, he's gay. In the third, he's happily married.
- After the bloodbath, we discover that all the visitors were either blackmail victims or Boddy's accomplices. The deaths of the latter supposedly clears the killer of the chance of prosecution, as the only witnesses are still subject to blackmail. Except we never hear how Mr. Boddy found out about Mr. Green.
- Makes sense in light of the third ending. In that one, Green is an undercover FBI plant, investigating Mr. Boddy. Since the best way to prove that he's blackmailing people would be to get blackmailed himself, Green could simply make up a likely story and intentionally get someone to leak it. The other endings are more unclear. Maybe Miss Scarlet's brothel doesn't just employ female escorts?
- Mr. Green gave a strong hint he's not supposed to be there. Remember, Mr. Green exposed himself, with a confused looking Wadsworth briefly checking the evidence. He didn't know Mr. Green's blackmail!
- Alternatively, maybe Green was actually gay all along and the last line was his way of saying "My secret is safe, suckers!"
- Nobody got it on video?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.