The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Director Displacement
- Epileptic Trees: * cough* , and those are only the tip of the iceberg. The Alternate Reality Game tied into the film lead to many more of them, most of which were Jossed.
- Fan Nickname: Clovie, Clover, MGP, Darwin.
- Fridge Horror: The ending of the film makes you realise how many people died in the disaster, but unlike the protagonists we don't know anything about them because they lacked a camera. If Hud had not had the camera, then the protagonists would also be forgotten.
- If that big monster was just a baby, then how big is the mother?
- Hype Backlash: Dear God, the Hype Backlash...
- Mostly due to people being nauseous.
- I Am Not Shazam: None of the characters are named Cloverfield, not even the monster. Cloverfield was the designation the government gave to the videotape that was in the camera throughout the film.
- Just Here For Clovie
- Narm: The parasites sound rather like an angry Donald Duck.
- Older Than They Think: Aside from having non-military/scientist types being the main characters in a monster movie, there's the parasites: Godzilla had lethal 5ft sea lice called Shokilas way back in 1984.
- Ugly Cute: Not gonna lie. Clovie and his ticks are pretty cute.
- Seriously though, look up Cloverfield on deviantArt, and see how many pictures people draw of chibi/baby Clovie.
- The films plays out very differently when you keep in mind that Clovie isn't evil or a horrible agent of destruction. According to creature designer Neville Page, he's more like a lost puppy. D'awww...
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Keeping in mind that the monster is a baby looking for its mom makes watching this movie an entirely different experience.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Clover. Apparently, there's evidence to support both claims, but since we never see its genitalia, we'll probably never know.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Watch the entire movie, and then tell yourself it was made for $25 million. You can't.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.