|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- This troper recalls in particular the part where Flint discovers snowball fights.
"Does it have a point system, or is it...(Beat) to the death? (dramatic chord)"
- This troper almost choked during the spaghetti twister. When the glass of a TV store is broken, a guy enters and steals a TV. Then comes Flint's Remote Control TV, which steals a guy!
- "Strawberry's my favorite!" counts as this for those tropers that like strawberry ice cream.
- "I HAVE A MACARONI NOODLE ON MY HEAD!"
- "I ADMIRE YOUR QUIRKINESS, DUDE!!!" What I wouldn't give to yell that to this film's directors...
- When Flint's father is forced to send Flint's Killcode to the email on his phone, he has no idea how to "drag and drop", how to use a mouse, doesn't understand what a window is, and thinks "desktop" means a LITERAL desktop. Considering this troper's father isn't as techno-savvy, it hit close to home and made me laugh.
- The accompanying dialogue makes it even funnier:
Flint's Dad: "That didn't do anything!"
Flint: "Of course it didn't! You know what...AAAGGGH!" (starts hitting himself with his phone)
- Giant Fortune Cookie falls on Wall of China, message inside reads: "You are about to be crushed by a giant corn."
- The ratbird carrying a kid off as soon as Flint says he's got them taken care of.
- And one of the other kids almost nonchalantly yelling at him to play dead.
- The TV news announcer reads the list of major cities that will be attacked by the falling food, and residents of each city are shown panicking. The list ends off with China, but broadcasted in London... cue a lone Chinese guy panicking as well.
- Sam's report about the reopening of the town being translated into several languages, including British.
- The best part is that the British broadcast is the only one that dubs over 'a la mode.'
- All the times Manny's past occupations are mentioned.
- Steve the monkey throwing "chocolate snowballs".
- Steve the monkey in the porta-lift: "Lick ... lick ... lick...."
- Plus Sam and Manny's introduction to the porta-lift.
Flint: This is where the magic happens!
- When tea rains on Britain, All the British people are running around saying "hot tea!" and holding up teacups.
- "I AM CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY!"
- The guys holding the signs saying "the world will end today" and "the world will end tomorrow". "I WIN!"
- All of Mr. T's lines. All. Of. Them.
- Anytime Flint announces what he's doing.
Flint: CALLING. WAITING.
Sam: (Picks up) Hello?
Flint: (Slams down phone) HANGING UP. REGRETTING.
- When Flint discovers snowball fights and goes overboard by breaking into a family's house, pelting them with snowballs.
- During the end credits when it shows before and after shots of the various places that were destroyed by the food. Every place starts off gloomy but ends up with sparkles and rainbows. Cue a before shot of London being all foggy and gloomy... and then an after shot of London all foggy and gloomy.
- When a young Flint's father is attempting to comfort him through the locked door:
Flint's Dad: Not every sardine is meant to swim, son.
Flint: (throwing himself on his bed) I DON'T UNDERSTAND FISHING METAPHORS!
- Flint and Sam's first real meeting, wherein she kicks him in the face and - while Flint sighs over her - ogles his Spray-On Shoes, going from "What are they made of, some kind of elastic biopolymer adhesive?" to "I mean, ahah... Shiny."