|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
It rotted their bodies. It corrupted their minds. And that's the good news.
Tromaville (See what they did there?) High School is right next to a nuclear power plant. A leaky nuclear power plant. You can already tell this isn't exactly the best of situations, right? First of all, the school's honor students turn into ultra-violent mutated thugs. Then, the school is menaced by a spiky nuclear mutant. And good, clean cut, boy-next-door Warren and his equally squeaky clean girlfriend, Chrissy, are caught in the middle. Followed by two sequels.
This movie contains examples of:
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer: When they say "Buy our weed", they fucking mean it.
- Balloon Belly: Overlaps with a good amount of Squick.
- Body Horror
- Chekhov's Gun: The laser in the school's lab.
- Fetus Terrible: The killer mutant is technically Chrissy's baby, although it came out the wrong end.
- Hulking Out: Happens to Warren at one point.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Causes every problem in the story.
- In Name Only: The sequels have only slightly more to do with the original than Troll 2 has to do with the first Troll.
- Load-Bearing Boss: Justified by the fact that the laser in story reacts violently with nuclear materials.
- Marijuana Is LSD: Justified in that it grows right next to the local nuclear plant.
- No OSHA Compliance: And how. The director of the nuclear plant dismisses any leaking of radioactive materials and seems more concerned with covering it up then solving the problem. When employees at the Tromaville Nuclear Utility start collapsing due to radiation poisoning, their collegues don't even bat an eyelid with one of them even stepping right over his fallen workmate.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: The .44 Magnum is the weapon of choice for the Cretins.
- Spikes Of Monsterdom: The nuclear mutant is covered in these.
- Understatement: (After the school has been reduced to rubble) "Tromaville high will be closed temporarily for our remodeling."