|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crazy Awesome: Young Kane. His method of revitalising a failing newspaper is to move into the editor's office so that he'll always be close when news happens. It works spectacularly.
- Fandom Heresy / Sacred Cow: The quickest way a critic or film school teacher can kill their street cred is to trash this film.
- It Was His Sled: This film is the Trope Namer
- Jerkass Woobie: Kane winds up more pitiful than pitiable.
- Memetic Mutation: The Slow Clap seen in this film is infamous on the Internet.
- Narm: "Don't you know who I am? CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARLES FOSTER KANE!"
- Vindicated by History: Back in 1941, very very few people would describe Kane as the greatest of all films; it was in fact booed at the Oscars, and lost money at the box office.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.