|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Agnes Moorehead, who appears as Kane's mother, became a longtime character actress who later starred as Endora on Bewitched. Ruth Warrick, Kane's first wife, later became famous to soap opera audiences as Phoebe Tyler on All My Children, a role she played for thirty-five years.
- The great character actor Alan Ladd appears briefly as an extra near the beginning of the film in the projection room and again smoking a pipe near the end.
- Throw It In: Joseph Cotten stumbling over the word "criticism". It was a genuine flub, but fortunately both he and Welles stayed in character (albeit Welles grins) and Cotten follows up with a brilliant ad-lib "I AM drunk", so it stayed in the film as-is.
- Word of Dante: Sort of. People assume Marion Davies had a bad career, as her expy in the film shows. In fact, Marion Davies was widely considered a talented actress and comedienne, independent of all the publicity Hearst arranged for her.
- Hearst did push Davies towards melodramatic leading-lady roles. Davies - along with many others - recognized that her real gift was for light comedy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.