The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Cirque du Soleil shows can be seen as just stringing together many awesome moments, but particular examples include:
- Russian Swing in Saltimbanco
- Brian Le Petit's whole setpiece with the crate in Mystere is a marvel -- Le Petit is arguably Crazy Awesome period -- but if it could be boiled down to one moment, it would be after he's been told by the emcee to leave. Alone on stage, he quietly pulls out his handkerchief and drapes it over one hand, makes a magical gesture with the other, and pulls the cloth away to reveal... his middle finger, as his reply to the emcee. The emcee returns to toss him out of the show entirely, so this is the last time the audience sees Brian. Yes, even a clown act can have a moment of defiant, funny awesomeness.
- Any moment with Moha-Samedi, period. He even walks up a hand-rail.
- And the Taiko drums.
- Russian Bars in Alegria
- Banquine in Quidam (also, in both this and Alegria, the closing scenes)
- The curtain going up in "O", as well as the man in the chair reading the newspaper who is on fire for about five minutes and the Russian Swings segment (if you thought it was awesome in Saltimbanco...)
- ALL of O counts as a Crowning Moment of Awesome
- Power Track in La Nouba
- Skipping Ropes in Dralion
- The final sequence in KA, culminating with a giant fireworks display set to the reprise of "Pageant"
- Bouncing Beds in Corteo
- "Lady Madonna" in LOVE
- Teeterboard in KOOZA
- All of Amaluna is a big, long, CMOA. However, particular examples include:
- The unicycles
- The water meteor and Icarian games
- The aerial hoop
- The waterbowl and hand balancing (even better than Zumanity)
- Uneven bars
- Teeterboard. If you thought it was awesome in Kooza, the artists BOUNCE OFF A WALL.
- The Chinese pole. It helps that Edouard Doye is extremely sexy as well.
- The aerial straps
- the finale, especially when the audience claps along to the thunderous theme tune.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.