|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
These are recommendations made by tropers for Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Title of the Fanfic by Author OR Fic Trope Page, by Author (Link) Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, any known crossovers etc.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Emperor's Ward by the Naked Pen
- Recommended by Emerald, User:Specialist 290, User:Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: With Commissar Ciaphas Cain lounging around in a luxurious hospital with a broken leg, he finally seems to be out of danger. But when a Chaos shuttle rams the building and cultists swarm the corridors, a Commissar's gotta do what a Commissar's gotta do.
- Tags: Original Flavour
Bane of Cain by the Naked Pen
- Recommended by User:Specialist 290, User:Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: Our favorite Hero of the Imperium is once again thrust into a dangerous situation, having reluctantly agreed to aid an insane daemonhunter in his quest to vanquish a Khornate beast.
Service in His Shadow by Mike Stormm
- Recommended by Gadeel, The Wandering Monster
- Synopsis: Commissar Ariel Abel didn't want much in life, just to work her job and get credit when credit was due. Too bad her career's about to be overshadowed by the enormous, and fraudulent, reputation of Hero of the Imperium, Commissar Ciaphas Cain.
On Emperor's Day by Mike Stormm
- Recommended by The Wandering Monster
- Synopsis: Holiday cheer is in full effect as Commissars Cain and Abel and the Valhallan 597th celebrate Emperor's Day. But in the 41st millennium, the big red man coming down the chimney isn't your friend!
Stories which crossover with other characters or works.
Poker Night by Academia Nut
- Recommended by User:SAMAS
- Synopsis: Ciaphas Cain's time has finally come, and he finds himself sitting at a green felt-covered table with the God-Emperor, The Chaos Gods, Q, and DEATH. The game: Poker. The stakes: His soul, and the soul of thousands.
- Tags: Crossover with Discworld and Star Trek the Next Generation, Crack Fic.
Maximum Power! by Obsessed Nuker
- Recommended by User:SAMAS
- Synopsis: Ciaphas Cain and the Valhallan 597th find themselves sharing an assignment with another unit: the 6th Mid-Chlidan, and their infamous (but cute!) white-suited Commissar.
- Tags: Crossover with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
- Note: This story has only had one chapter published in two years and may be dead, but an alternate version written by Shattered World Hollow Sky is also being written.
- Recommended by User:SAMAS, User:Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: Immediately after finally conquering the Earth, the God-Emperor of Man discovers a tiny baby girl on the battlefield. An infant reincarnation as powerful as he is, thrown from her home dimension by a spiteful act of the forces of Chaos. The Emperor gains a daughter. The Primarchs gain Neo-Queen Serenity as their big sister... Fast forward ten thousand years where the Galaxy may be Grim, but not nearly as Dark. Ciaphas Cain and the 597th have been deployed to the world of planet of Hades VI to help it's eccentric and heavily-armed PDF with an Ork Incursion. In the midst of battle, Cain stumbles upon a capsule containing something that inspires even him to selfless devotion: An Anima of the Imperium, Daughter of the Emperor, but you may call her Hotaru. Has its own trope page.
- Tags: Crossover with Sailor Moon.
- Recommended by Sithking Zero
- Synopsis: Commander Shepard. Hero of the Skyllian Blitz. First human Spectre. Kleptomaniac Hero. Potential savior of humanity and the known galaxy. Pity no one asked him what HE thought of all this...
- Tags: fusion of Cain with Mass Effect.
- Recommended by Dellanotte
- Synopsis: "Wherein Blackadder meets Ciaphas Cain. Hilarity ensues."
- Tags: Humor, Crossover with Blackadder.]
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
No such material has been released, as it covers personal matters of no interest to anyone else.
—Amberly Vail, Ordos Xenos.
- a copy of the template is just below
- please note this includes all sexual activity, not just homosexual or bisexual, including het.
- HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!