|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
ChubPan is a homoerotic Flash Dating Sim by Geremy Walker, better known by his moniker CaptainGerBear. It is about a mysterious panda guy who crashes his plane in the countryside and loses his memory. He recovers in the modest hospital of a small remote logging town, whose townspeople have named him Pan in lieu of his unknown real name. Pan, a voluptuously chubby man, tries to make an improvised life for himself in this town as he tries to gradually recover his memory. It very quickly becomes evident that he is hopelessly randy for mansex. Needless to say, ChubPan is a Plot With Porn.
So far, only the demo version of ChubPan has been released, but its fan reaction has been swift and overwhelmingly positive. The final game remains in development. And considering how long it's been in development, there is no immediate timetable for its final release, but Captain Ger Bear has vowed that the game will be freeware. The demo has been released here.
- Ambiguously Gay: Being a homoerotic Dating Sim, it may end up being the case that Everyone Is Gay. At least the male characters.
- Author Appeal: Being a Captain Ger Bear work, every guy is hot. Compare Grant.
- The Bear: Pan, both figuratively and literally.
- Big Beautiful Man: Pan is a Most Triumphant Example. The game is called ChubPan, afterall.
- The Cameo: A small scene from Captain Ger Bear's FurAffinity 2009 Christmas Mini Game The Holiday Lodge appears as a picture on the wall in the Crusty Cockerel.
- Crowning Music of Awesome/Ear Worm: Captain Ger Bear borrowed the electronica and light jazz music from General Fuzz, mainly from his album Cool Aberrations (Creative Commons license). More of this game's music are earworms than not, especially "acclimate" and "cream", the morning and evening tunes.
- Dating Sim
- ~Does This Remind You Of Anything?~: ChubPan is like a homoerotic furry Harvest Moon, complete with a daily work routine, regularly meeting the townsfolk's familiar faces, and trying to date them.
- Dummied Out: The final game has not been released yet so it's impossible to say what will be dummied out. But decompiling the Flash scripts for the game reveals snippets of dialogue and textual descriptions for inventory items that have not yet been seen in the demo version, such as a pack of condoms with which Pan can "repeatedly convert" men to his "religion of seduction".
- Easy Amnesia: Pan crashed his plane and survived without his memories.
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: When Pan wakes up for a second time in Dr. Tate's hospital, he's given some spare clothes to wear. All they have are a tank top and bicycle shorts. He fills out any outfit he wears, and even the tank top is optional outdoors.
- Hallucinations: The more Pan's craving meter rises, the more elaborate his homoerotic hallucinations become while he's working at his lumberjack job. He hallucinates a naked panda angel being chased by a naked panda demon, and they occasionally come together and go discovery channel for a few seconds. As the craving meter grows, so do the physical and behavioral detail of the angel and demon. This actually adds challenge to the lumberjack minigame, as the figments (or their wings) can briefly obstruct the "CHOP" button so that it cannot be clicked by the mouse.
- Hard Gay: Pan is certainly masculine, but doesn't really pass for Straight Gay.
- Hospital Hottie: Dr. Tate.
- Hot Coffee Minigame/Optional Sexual Encounter: The spanking minigame can optionally be played to ease Pan's pent-up sexual craving. It is quite Nintendo Hard, at least for those who want to play it.
- Hot Men At Work: Just about every male character. Everyone works a living in this town, but at least they look hot doing it. ChubPan easily competes with ISO when it comes to hot guy diversity in job occupations.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: ChubPan: A Point & Prick Adventure.
- Male Frontal Nudity: A lot of it. Pan's first playable moment is stark naked, caught in the middle of the town's streets at night. He can wear whatever clothes are in his Video Game Items and Inventory, but the game won't let him leave the hospital room if he's not at least wearing pants.
- Mini Game: The surprisingly challenging (and occasionally erotic) lumberjack minigame, and the Hot Coffee Minigame (see section).
- Nintendo Hard: The spanking minigame.
- Not Safe for Work: This game warns up front that it is very frank in its themes and content. Keep this one at home, fellas.
- Petting Zoo People: Much more prominently furry than Captain Ger Bear's other tropeheavy work Grant.
- Plot With Porn: Unabashedly, especially the spanking minigame.
- Stealth Based Game: The first segment of the game when Pan finds himself naked in town at night. He doesn't want to be caught without clothes. Unlike an actual Stealth Based Game, it seems to be impossible to get caught in this segment, as Pan will sense which way he shouldn't go.
- Unkempt Beauty: Not every character, but there's enough of this to suit the fetish.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Pan manages to accomplish this even when wearing his lumberjack uniform, always baring his bearish chest and bulbous gut. Shirts are entirely optional when not at work, and the game practically encourages players never to intentionally dress Pan from the waist up.
- The Woobie: Pan notes in his mind that Burl looks like he needs a hug.