|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Chris Brown is a R&B/Pop singer and songwriter. He exploded on the music scene when he was just 15 years old, scoring a number one hit "Run It!" from his first self-titled album and is considered to be one of the singers to claim Michael Jackson's "King of Pop" title. His Hip-hop infused R&B style and dance movers made him a perfect teen heartthrob.
He came under heavy scrutiny and derision due to the Domestic Abuse incident of then-girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna in 2009. He was sentenced to community service and is a convicted felon. His popularity and sales took a hit, and much of 2009-2011 was spent rebuilding his image, with the occasional slip-up. It paid off; he scored a number one hit on the U.S. R&B charts with Deuces in 2010 and scored a number one album called F. A. M. E. in 2011 on the Billboard 200 charts, for which he received 3 Grammy Awards in 2012.
- Chris Brown (2005)
- Exclusive (2007)
- Graffiti (2009)
- F.A.M.E. (2011)
- Fortune (2012)
- The OC -- Will Tutt, 3 episodes (2007)
- Stomp The Yard -- Duron Williams (2007)
- This Christmas -- "Michael 'Baby' Whitfield" (2007)
- Takers -- Jessie Attica (2010)
The musician showcases examples of:
- Attack Backfire -- Partially the reason behind his successful comeback.
- Abusive Parents -- His stepfather violently beat his mother, and he was so afraid of him he used to wet himself.
- Boastful Rap: "Look At Me Now".
- Breakthrough Hit: "Run It!"
- Break Up Song: "Say Goodbye".
- Career Resurrection -- After the Graffiti flop and still under heavy media derision, he pretty much rebounded. The movie Takers which he co-starred was well received and F.A.M.E. was a number one album with 3 number one singles on several different charts.
- Controversy-Proof Image -- Chris Brown was a pariah for about 2 years to the majority of the world after the Rihanna incident, but his fan base adamantly stuck by him the whole time.
- Cursed with Awesome/Wangst: "Lucky Me"
- Darkskinned Blonde --Off and on during the F.A.M.E. album.
- Domestic Abuse: Was the abuser towards Rihanna. This has been a permanent black stain on his career since.
- Easily Forgiven -- By his fanbase/recording industry, in any case.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Team Breezy
- Fun with Acronyms: "F[orgiving].A[ll].M[y].E[nemies]." and "F[ans].A[re].M[y].E[verything]."
- Grammy Award: One for Best R&B Album for "F.A.M.E."
- Identical Stranger: Looks very much like NBA player Shannon Brown. Coincidentally, they share the same last name.
- Intercourse with You -- "Take You Down" and later "Take My Time."
- Just on his latest album, there's "No B.S.", "Wet the Bed", and "Beg for It."
- Mr. Fanservice
- Must Make Amends -- "Crawl," for example.
- Right Through His Pants -- The video for "No Bullshit."
- Piss-Take Rap -- Inverted, he does rap often in some songs.
- Signature Song -- Most likely "Forever", although "Yeah X3" could count post-Rihanna incident.
- Self-Titled Album -- Debut
- Take That, Critics! -- "Look At Me Now".
- Wolverine Publicity -- In the year 2011 he has been featured on a ton of rap songs.