|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Just keep asking yourself: What would Jesus NOT do?'"—'Victor Mancini
Choke is a 2001 novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
Contains examples of:
- Accidental Hero
- Arc Words isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind. See also: What would Jesus NOT do? See also: For serious. See also: For sure.
- Clone Jesus
- Code Emergency
- Face on a Milk Carton
- First-Person Smartass
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Cherry Daiquiri
- Snicket Warning Label
- Thoroughly Mistaken Identity
- Tomato Surprise: Victor is Jesus...
- The Untwist: ...except he's not. Paige lied to him
- What Now? Ending: Victor accidently kills his mother, is arrested, and is run out of town by the people who fell for his scam. Doctor Marshall turns out to be an insane patient at the nursing home, but realizes it at the books' end. Denny's building/sculpture/masterpiece is destroyed by a freak earthquake. The four main characters are left standing in the ruins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.