The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Game Show Tropes in use:
- Bonus Round: Originally "Triple Play", in which the contestant had to identify words from descriptions written by children.
- Speed Round: "Fast Play", the entire second round.
This show provides examples of:
- Lost Episode: The October 11, 1982 episode has been skipped by GSN every time the network airs the series. This skipping may have to do with the Triple Play round being stopped and restarted on October 7 and 8; a new board was in place on October 12, but neither contestant from October 8 was on the October 12 show...
- Obvious Beta: Among many other things, the May 11, 1982 pilots credit the show as "A Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production". When the series landed, it was credited as "A Mark Goodson Television Production".
- Sampling: The Theme Tune samples "London Bridge Is Falling Down" repeatedly.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Used in a unique way; whenever a child said the word the contestants were trying to guess, the censors would bleep it out and put an "OOPS!" sign over the child's mouth to prevent any potential lip-reading. Of course, if the kid actually cussed...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.