It's NOT Boobie Lady, it's Chiaki Takahashi... or Chiaking if you prefer... Oh, hello troper, are you here for a checkup? Wha? My description? All right...
Chiaki Takahashi (AKA 'Chiaking') is one of the more popular voice actresses today, born in 1977. Currently freelance, she once sang with Yui Horie and Akemi Kanda as part of the group Aice 5. Her roles are in general had Fanservice, or if not, at least of the Cool Big Sis type. Although as of late, her roles have been taking darker turns in a way that they may end up as a Heel, though mostly sympathetic ones.
She is Ms. Fanservice herself; at 31, she had the daring to pose for a gravure magazine, and people are hoping that other female seiyu will do the same. So far, Rie Tanaka (in a bunny suit) and Aya Hirano had done the same, but there might be more, if I am not mistaken.
And if it wasn't enough, she posed nude on a magazine, and it will be her last to concentrate in being a voice actress.. Only Ryoka Yuzuki and Yurika Ochiai [also an Idolmaster voice actress like Chiaki] had been known to pose nude in their careers. For a tamer version, if she appears in cons, you can be assured that there is an Absolute Cleavage in her suit. At this point, many would agree that she would be considered as the sexiest seiyuu.
To top all that... she recently released an album which involves her, aside of singing a song with lyrics which would be about doing xxx with her, dancing really exotically. That aside, Chiaking herself is a pretty decent woman when not doing all that stage business.
Notable roles by Chiaki Takahashi
- Mitsuki Hayase in Rumbling Hearts/Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Muv Luv Alternative
- Neeton and Omocchama in Yatterman (both the 2008 series and Takashi Miike's Live Action Adaptation)
- Nanami Kanroji in School Days
- Ai Momoi in Futakoi
- Mia and Yua Kusunoki in Chaos;Head
- Reika Aoshima in Cosplay Complex
- Ai Tanabe in Full Metal Panic
- Azusa Miura in The Idolmaster
Boobie LadyLitchi Faye-Ling in Blaz Blue
- Haineko from Bleach.
- Mistuko Torii in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou
- Ishtar in I/O
- Rina Tachibana in Rio -Rainbow Gate!-
- Majiquonne/Arfoire in Neptunia
- Kinako Mochizuki in Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
- Tsumugi Toudou in Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
- A variety of roles in Pokémon Best Wishes, including obvious ones like Officer Jenny to unusual ones like Litwick and Burgh's Leavanny - and utterly bizarre ones, such as Trubbish and Ash's Palpitoad.
- It's said that the design of Litchi was the inspiration for Professor Juniper. She's also given a "Special Thanks" mention in the credits for Black and White. The plot thickens...
- Takako Itsukushima in Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (That, and her interpretation of Tsunderella)
- Hilda Rize in Vanguard Princess
- Katherine MacDonald in Kaze no Stigma
- Xelha in Baten Kaitos
Tropes about Chiaki Takahashi
- Absolute Cleavage: The most modest she wears usually sport this.
- Anti-Villain: With the exception of Majicon/Arfoire, most of her antagonistic roles do come off sympathetic.
- Fan Nickname: Chiaking, of course.
- Good Bad Girl: When you compare with her role as Azusa, you really would be surprised that Chiaking is a lot more daring in costume choices. That being said, Chiaking is still a kind, decent woman when not doing gravure things, though she sometimes teases the camera with her cleavage
- Ms. Fanservice: Quite possibly the Ms. Fanservice of seiyuu world.
- Playing Against Type: While she's mostly playing usually good girls, or sympathetic villains, Majiquonne/Arfoire is devoid of them. Then again, she's the frickin' embodiment of Digital Piracy Is Evil, were you expecting support?
- Relationship Voice Actor: Quite a bit with her Idolmaster colleagues, but Asami Imai stands out the most.
- Star-Making Role: By default, it would be Azusa. However, considering that it never left Japan, she remained mostly unknown by the Western audience, until she got the role of Litchi.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Really, she goes from your resident Cool Big Sis, to an utter flirt, to a Tsundere, to (Occasionally Hammy) Villainesses... to robots. Quite a way to go for a H-Game seiyuu, huh?
Ufufu... it was such a fun description, Troper-san. I'll see you tomorrow then... *Beat* Ara? Aren't we supposed to be at The Other Wiki?