|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Chassis was a comic book series that featured a time where science advanced at an amazing pace. New technology meshed with the past bringing with it zoot suit robots, jet pack gang bangers, art deco skylines, and rocket car racing!
Rocket car racing, also known as the Aero-run is the world's most popular sport. It's a high stakes spectacle of speed and peril where flying rocket cars race at breakneck speeds around hairpin turns and gut wrenching drops. Its drivers are legendary, but the money and power behind the sport is deeply corrupt. Chassis, the 17-year-old daughter of Charles Foster McBain, one of the Aero-run founders, desperately wants to be a rocket racer but her father won't allow it. Partly due to the dangers of the sport, but mostly because of the nefarious gangsters and corporate thugs who control it. So the brash young girl, with the help of her robotic mechanic and best friend, SLIC, devises a plan to enter the race under an alias in hopes to prove to her father she's up to the challenge. But Chassis' daring decision only leads to more danger for her, her friends, and her father!
Chassis contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Chassis
- All There in the Manual: Due to the short run of the title (and the fact that it moved between three publishers), many details of the world where only spelled out in the #0 issue which was intended as an introduction for new readers. This included profiles of characters who never made it into the series proper.
- Alternate History
- Biker Babe: Chassis was the 'car driver' variant (with a flying car for bonus points).
- The Cheerleader: Twist, who became so obsessed with her favourite racer she started killing his rivals.
- Fiery Redhead: Chassis
- Fan Service: just look at the covers
- Flying Car
- Grease Monkey: SLIC
- Hell-Bent for Leather
- Hood Ornament Hottie: The covers often showed Chassis draped across her aero-car.
- Most Common Superpower
- Redheaded Hero: Chassis
- Richard Nixon the Used Car Salesman: In Chassis' alternate 1949, Adolf Hitler is a cartoonist.
- Robot Buddy: SLIC
- Spy Catsuit: Chassis' one piece racing suit.
- Wacky Racing
- Wrench Wench: Although primarily a driver, Chassis did know her way around an engine.
- Zeerust: Deliberately invoked. There are flying cars and robots, but people still go to cinemas to watch newsreels.