The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Has he just gone benignly insane? Is he becoming a dangerous lunatic? Is he playing up minor eccentricities? Maybe he's trying to confuse everyone as part of some brilliant (or impossibly byzantine) plan that nobody has figured out yet. Or maybe none of those; all these theories and more have been floated as an explanation as to what Sheen is really up to.
- Awesome Ego: According to many
- Bile Fascination: Admit it, you're paying attention to him just to see what kind of self-destructive thing he's going to do next.
- Crazy Awesome: Some people are beginning to view him as this after he became an Ascended Meme.
- To put this into perspective: "Just to recap, Charlie Sheen will melt your face, explode your body, is bi-winning, has tiger’s blood and adonis DNA, will be the namesake of Warner Brothers, won best picture at 20 for a movie he didn’t write or produce, makes Mick Jagger look like a droopy-eyed amputee, can cure disease with his brain, and is magic."
- Crosses the Line Twice: At least. His character on Two and A Half Men was basically a watered down, family friendly version of himself, a character so popular it made him the highest paid TV actor of all time. Then the mask started to slip, and started less than charitable remarks about his boss on the public forum, the line was well and truly crossed. But then, instead of backing down, Sheen turned the crazy up to eleven. He started talking about his Tiger Blood, and his fire breathing fists and his addiction to winning. He shacked up with a porn star and a model at the same time. Now he's the biggest Memetic Badass of the decade and even the lame stuff he says like "Duh-Winning!" sound cool because he said them.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: His recent explosion of highly eccentric interviews has vaulted him firmly into the pantheon of awesome celebrities. Not only has he not expressed a bit of regret for his drug binges, he keeps raving about how much FUN he and the people around him had and suggests he has transcended "normal" human life.
- Subverted when it appears that he has chosen that path over having custody of his children.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: I am on a drug, it's called "Charlie Sheen". It's not available, because if you try it once you will die, your face will melt off, and your children will weep over your exploded body. Um...too much?
- Fountain of Memes: Practically everything that came out of his mouth in just two weeks.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: His first line in Ferris Buellers Day Off
Jeannie: What are you in here for?
- Hypocritical Fandom: The media seemed to laugh either at or with Charlie Sheen during the Febuary public meltdown. Meanwhile, Britney Spears' and Lindsay Lohan's woes were viciously mocked. The fact that Charlie Sheen is living out a common male fantasy and the fact that his work was, until recently, unaffected may have something to do with this.
- Even worse when you compare Sheen's troubles to Chris Brown, who both went through situations involving domestic violence. But despite Sheen being a chronic offender, Brown to this day still gets vilified for beating Rihanna (even though his situation was a one-time event, and he had to do tons of community service, unlike Sheen, who hardly received any legal punishments).
- Leslie Nielsen Syndrome: He begun with serious fare such as Platoon and Wall Street. Ever since Hot Shots, he specializes in comedy.
- Memetic Badass: he is quickly becoming this.
- Memetic Mutation: Hoo boy...
- How can you NOT be one when you "shoot poetry from your fingertips."
- They picked a fight with a warlock.
- I have tiger blood and Adonis DNA.
- "I have one gear: Go."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.