|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?"—Charles Manson, at his most normal
In 1968, Charles Manson, a man who had spent half his life to date in prison and lived in a hippie commune, listened to The Beatles' The White Album. He heard hidden messages on the album about a racial tension-inspired war that would break out the following year, and got along with his mates, from then on known as the "Manson Family", to provoke said war - by committing several brutal murders (including Roman Polanski's pregnant wife Sharon Tate) marked by "Helter Skelter" (a song on the White Album) written in blood on the walls. He was arrested on December 1969, and three years later his death penalty was commuted to a life sentence. He has remained in prison since then (largely in solitary confinement, for his own safety).
- Abusive Parents: His mother was an Alcoholic who once tried to trade him for a pitcher of Beer.
- Ax Crazy: And how!
- Affably Evil: Some people don't see him as a murderer, they see him as a hero, and an environmental guru. Well, he does have a point about the environment...
- Badass Beard
- Cloudcuckoolander: Just look at any of his interviews. He also tried to compensate his absence in a a parole hearing with a literal "Get Out of Jail Free" Card. Not to mention he tends to speak gibberish.
Charlie: "I don't need to kill anyone... I THINK IT. I don't need to exist in this physical world!"
- Conspiracy Theorist
- Green Aesop: His song "Garbage Dump".
- He Also Did: He composed many songs, recorded by among other Guns N' Roses, White Zombie and (of course) Marilyn Manson.
- Ice Cream Koan: Likes to write his songs in the form of these. Oh, and he talks in the form of these, too.
- Laughably Evil
- Loony Fan: Of The Beatles.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Never My Fault: He has never admitted guilt for the Murders and believes that it was society's fault.
- Referential Mania
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: His songs are surprisingly mellow for a convicted man.
- Serial Killer
- The Svengali