The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A Game System where characters' abilities and roles are defined by their class / job.
- Straight: In the RPG Tales Of Troperia, you can choose from a good variety of classes to customize your Five-Man Band, like knights, wizards, druids, rogues, clerics, archers, psyquics and bards.
- ...And then there are branching specialization paths for all of them, which further increase their strenghts in different areas. For example: Knights -> Field Commanders / Paladins / Magic Knights; Wizards -> Arcane Warlocks / Divine Mages / Omni-Sorcerer; Druids -> Beast Invokers / Forest Conjurers / Stratomancers; Rogues -> Gentleman Thiefs / Shadow Reapers / Amoral Lawyers. And then there are further branching levels and the (kinda-hard-to-get-without-a-guide) Prestige Classes!
- On top of all that, four PCs are furries, and the other is a Token Human, so there are five different sprites for each one.
- At the start of the game, you can choose a species and a class for every character.
- Justified: The classes are Human, Bird, Wolf, Lion, and Horse, for each species.
- Inverted: You can pick which character fills which position - you're given five jobs and five characters at the start and you've got to assign them to the Five-Token Band.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Deconstructed: The classes are connected to an in-game caste system, with social consequences for learning skills outside of one's class.
- Parodied': Tales Of Troperias class-system is brimming with all kinds outlandish and colorful characters, like: New Age Retro Hippies, Corrupt Cops, Battle Butlers (and Ninja Maids), Vengeful Furries, Redneck Mad-Scientists, Possessed Ventriloquists, College Streakers, Chainsaw Maniacs, Moral Crusaders, Brawling Alcoholics and more!
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Characters each have a set role and don't change their role.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Oooooh, that's just great! Now she can obliterate armies by summoning frikkin' magic meteors over them while I'm stuck slashing things with an over-sized butter-knife. I should have taken the Spell-Blade path when I had the chance five levels ago."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Character Class System
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.