|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Chaos Theory is a webcomic by Connor and Clayton Lamb. The basic premise is that four teenage boys are inexplicably able to outgun not only Earth's military, but also that of an alien World of Badass, which in this case means that literally everyone has super-powers. The aforementioned alien army apparently still gets their ass kicked, many times.
The official website can be found at www.chaostheorycomics.com. So far, the site doesn't have any actual comics up yet, but Connor compensates for this by giving text updates on days without comics.
Not to be confused with the mathematical/philosophical concept of Chaos Theory, also known here as For Want of a Nail.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Anti-Villain: Rex. Yes, he's one of the Immortals, but he seems to be actively defying his brothers' attempts at conquest.
- Arm Cannon: Clayton's biotech arm.
- Armor Is Useless: None of them wear any armor whatsoever.
- And the one who wear armor, the Hydras, get killed pretty easily.
- Author Avatar: Connor and Clayton
- Badass Army or World of Badass: The Immortals.
- Badass Crew: Oh HELL yes.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Kevin
- Badass Normal: Everyone in the main cast.
- Badass Transplant: Clayton's arm.
- Bash Brothers: Kevin and Troy
- Bifurcated Weapon: Kevin's shotgun can be split into two pistols.
- Big Bad: Alexander seems to be this so far.
- Brains and Brawn: Connor and pretty much everyone else in the main cast.
- Conservation of Ninjitsu: The probable reason the heroes haven't been killed yet.
- Crapsack World: The Immortals control everything, and their leader kills people for the tiniest bit of bad news.
- Crazy Prepared: Kevin. His suit(Yes, it's just a regular suit) contains just about every explosive device known to man.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: The basic premise.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Rex tried to reason with Alexander. He got a sword through the head.
- Dumb Muscle: Troy
- Also Zero.
- Flash Step: Rex's first incarnation that the audience sees can teleport.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Connor is Melancholic, Clayton is Choleric, Troy is Sanguine, and Kevin is Phlegmatic.
- Hero-Killer: Alexander.
- Hidden Weapons: Kevin practically owns this trope.
- Improbable Weapon User: Clayton can use anything as a weapon.
- One-Man Army: With four people, but they each qualify.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Clayton(red) and Connor(blue).
- Sibling Rivalry: Connor and Clayton, to a degree.
- Also one between the three Magnus brothers, particularly between Rex and Alexander.
- Sibling Team: Connor and Clayton.