The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Cliché Storm: There's nothing original or groundbreaking in this show.
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Zero. Despite appearing in only two episodes, his status as the only competent Renegade drew him a good amount of fans.
- Bug Bite. In-Universe, there's nothing sympathetic about him and he only appears once. Yet his Smug Snake Evil Is Hammy demeanour makes his one of the most recognizable episodes of the cartoon.
- Evil Is Sexy: Sort of. The only female GoBot with a distinctly feminine shape is Crasher, a Renegade.
- Friendly Fandoms: Though the two properties love riffing on each other and debate which species would win in a fight, the Go Bots fandom does get along quite well with Transformers. The frequent Go Bot crossovers and cameos in more obscure Transformers media helps. Even some Fan Dumb people on the Go Bots side do try and push for a Fandom Rivalry.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Rocklords are shapeshifting aliens based on various minerals. Unlike the Gems, no one takes them seriously however.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show really took off in France, and they imported Japan's Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos to be its sequel, in spite of the blatant Art Shift.
- Growing the Beard: "The Gobotron Saga" is when the series really comes into its own.
- Memetic Loser: It's about half-serious, half-joking but to some Transformers fans, the Go-Bots are the biggest losers in the galaxy. The fact that Megatron has killed Cy-Kill in a multiple of cameos helps.
- Narm: Let's just say that the character models are a bit too toy-accurate to be taken seriously as warriors fighting for the fate of the galaxy.
- Ron the Death Eater: The Command Center toy has some rather sinister sounding features (Alien Detention Center, Enemy Reprogramming Center, GoBot Dematerializer) leading some to believe that the Guardians are an oppressive class of overlords.
- The Scrappy:
- Scooter. Oh gods, Scooter. While any Kid Appeal Character can fall victim to this, not only did Frank Welker gave him the most annoying voice possible, but Scooter was a Lovable Coward (or at least he was meant to be), whereas Bumblebee and Wheelie were willing to regularly risk their lives despite their small size, weak armor, and low combat potential.
- Also Nick - who was basically Scooter's best buddy. As mentioned on the main page, he was Too Dumb to Live. To an extent, all humans, but he really takes the cake.
- The Rocklords. Robots that turn into rocks. That is all.
- So Okay It's Average: The general view of the show. It's not The Transformers, but it's a decent '80s cartoon. Some reviews for the comic even said that you don't really need to waste your time watching the show, but it's not as bad as everyone says.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.