|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
They're Bujold novels, so even in the middle of horrible circumstances someone is bound to make a wise crack.
The Curse of Chalion
- Dondo dy Journal's funeral. The Daughter of Spring made it clear how well he served her as the Holy General of her order, and it went downhill from there.
- "Rise and ride, Captain Sunshine!"
- "You're her reward!"
- After being run through the belly with the Archchancellor's sword, Cazaril calmly asks to see Betriz before they remove it.
"You can't just sit there with a sword in your gut"
(reasonably) "Well I surely cannot move."
Paladin Of Souls
- Liss' complete inability to do a Lady's hair properly, but when prompted she rattles off a dozen ways to do up a horse's mane.
- Having just been rescued after two days and 100 miles of uncomfortable captivity, Ista has some simple requests:
Ista: "I want... a piece of bread and a bedroll."
Ferda: "This rough camp is no place for your repose-"
Ista: "Any bread. Any bedroll."
Ferda: "There may be some women I can find for your attendants, but they are not what you are used to-"
Ista: "Your bedroll would do."
Ferda: "Royina, I-"
Ista: "If you do not give me a bedroll at once, I am going to sit down on the ground right here and start to cry. Now."
- "I do not have the energy to stand up, or get to my feet for that matter."