The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Not to confused with the trope Chain Letter, even though the film centers around them.
Distinct tropes of this film:
- Big No: Michael, when he fails to save Jessie.
- Black Dude Dies First: Averted. Michael turns out to be the Final Guy.
- Blatant Lies: The rule is that you're supposed to send the letter to five others, or you'll die in 24 hours. So why is it that not even ten seconds after Neil deletes several messages sent to him, he gets killed?
- Broken Aesop: Technology is bad. Using too much of it and deleting chain letters means you'll die a horrible death. ...Wait, what?
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Jessie.
- Downer Ending: The Hero Dies, The Bad Guy Wins. Nuff said.
- Fingore: While Jessie is being dragged down the driveway, she scraps her fingertips along the ground.
- Half the Man He Used To Be: Half of one victim's body is crushed by an engine.
- Hypocrite: The killers. Even though they believe that technology is bad, they apparently consider it acceptable to use technology to prove how bad it is.
- Idiot Ball: Passed around quite a bit towards the end.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Nice job setting off a trap and roasting Kevin Daniels alive, Detective Crenshaw.
- Space Whale Aesop: Remember: never drive and talk on your cell phone at the same time. You may not notice that you're dragging your chained daughter down your driveway and are about to pull her apart with your car.
- Spoiler Opening: The film starts out with a young girl being dragged down a driveaway and presumably getting pulled apart by two cars. The only difference between the beginning and ending is that the ending confirms that the girl did die, and that she was the protagonist.
- Tempting Fate" "Come and get me!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.