|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
This is about characters who are difficult to approach socially on the outside, but nice on the inside.
- Anti-Villain: A bad guy with noble qualities and traits, and possibly even heroic goals.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He shamelessly ogles the ladies, but he'd be the first to defend their honor.
- Crazy Cat Lady: A Friend to All Living Things who is Not Good with People.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Given time and affection, her uncaring facade will melt to reveal her softer side.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Desperately needs your help but won't give up enough pride, independence, or self-control to accept it.
- Fool for Love: Badass who is a sucker for love.
- Good Bad Girl: Notorious reputation; benevolent, zestful interior.
- Good Is Not Nice: Rude in person, but always helpful to the heroes.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: To keep their Badass reputation, they don't want others to know of their good deeds.
- Hitman with a Heart: He may be a career killer, but he will never hurt an innocent.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Underneath the sex kitten exterior there's a sweet, innocent flower that needs nurturing.
- Innocent Bigot: Prejudiced, but only because they genuinely don't know any better.
- Jerkass Facade: A character tries to act like a heartless bastard when it's obvious s/he isn't.
- Jerkass Woobie: You want to push the Big Bad aside and seriously injure them yourself so you can hug them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Cranky exterior hides a kind, helpful side.
- Knight in Sour Armour: A cynical character who stands up for the Good and Right even though not entirely convinced those things exist.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: This character's sinister reputation is entirely undeserved.
- Noble Bigot: Prejudiced, yet still a good person.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge: This goes double when you're in a position of authority.
- Noble Demon: Kindly Anti-Villain who cultivates a fearsome reputation.
- The Proud Elite: Just because he acts cold and proud doesn't mean that he doesn't care deeply for you.
- The Quiet One: Just because he doesn't say much doesn't mean he doesn't have anything nice to say.
- Red Herring: The Red Herring never had anything to do with anything. The evidence has misled you.
- Shrinking Violet: She wasn't ignoring you, she's just shy.
- Snark Knight: A Deadpan Snarker who believes firmly and unironically in a high moral code.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: A frosty, emotionless coating protects delicate feelings within.
- Tsundere Type A: An angry person who is waiting for a special someone to trigger his or her nice side.
- Tsundere Type B (in many cases): A basically nice but occasionally hot-tempered person.
- Tsunshun: A person who uses their abrasive nature to hide secret feelings of depression.
All items (29)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.