|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternate Character Interpretation - Irena is apparently considered clingy and jealous for being bothered by her husband confiding personal things about their marriage to his American co-worker Alice. Since her husband ends up leaving her for Alice, it actually seemed rather sensible of her to be worried.
- He didn't so much leave her as she turned into a panther and went into display at the zoo.
- But he decided to divorce her before that happened.
- He also confided with Alice about his sex life with Irena while they're still married.
- Unfortunate Implications -- Irena's husband feels that she is causing him undue stress for the first time in his life because she is genuinely worried that she will turn into a cat monster and kill him - oh and because she won't consummate their relationship.
- Let's not leave out that he basically goes out and has an affair--not, of course, explicitly, this was made under the Hays Code--with another woman. Who happens to be quite definitely a WASPy American-born woman. Notice who happens to suffer the most...?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.