|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Cat's Eye is a 1985 anthology film by Lewis Teague based upon short stories by Stephen King. Lewis Teague previously directed another Stephen King film, Cujo. Drew Barrymore appears in the film in one of her earlier roles.
In the film, a stray cat is the linking element of three tales of suspense and horror.
The film includes the following tropes:
- Badass Adorable: General the Cat
- Big Damn Heroes: General in the final story.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted. General's is the hero of the film.
- Child Eater: The little troll
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After going through hell throughout the entire film, the cat finally manages to find a home with the family of the young girl.
- Off with His Head: In one of the stories, a character is beheaded offscreen.
- The Cameo: Cujo and Christine appear during the film's opening scene.