|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The third Castlevania game for Game Boy. You play as Sonia Belmont in the year 1450. In this game, Dracula rises to terrorize Transylvania, and Sonia, who has been trained in vampire hunting from a young age, takes up the Vampire Killer whip and sets out to defeat him.
Koji "IGA" Igarashi removed this game from canon when he became producer of the series. His reason for doing this is debated among fans.
Castlevania Legends provides examples of:
- Absolutely Happened: Many people believe that the father of Sonia's child is Alucard. While the two speak to each other affectionately, there is no in-game evidence that anything happened between them.
- Action Girl: Sonia
- Babies Ever After: The best ending reveals that she is pregnant, and her child will continue the Belmont legacy. That would be Trevor, of course.
- Bonus Boss: The Executioner.
- Chest Monster: There are some candles that hide monsters in them.
- Magic Knight: Sonia uses magic in battle while wielding the tried and true whip.
- Multiple Endings: There are two different endings, a short, standard one, and an extended one that is seen by obtaining all five secret items in the game before finishing it.
- Secret Level: The dungeon area, which can be found by whipping a certain candle in Stage 5 to open a secret passage.