The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ass Pull: To some, Zead/Death's revelation that only the Devil Forgemasters can suffice as Dracula's host. Sure, this is another prime example of how clever a manipulator Death can be when not under direct orders from Dracula (perhaps even cementing him as a Magnificent Bastard), but the fact that all info pertaining to the crux of this plan gets dropped literally at the climax of the game (causing yet another Hijacked By Dracula plot) doesn't help in the slightest. Aptly summed up here.
Zead/Death: "Even so... Devil Forgemasters alone are suffused in my master's magic; thus, only a devil forgemaster can be a vessel for his re-awakening!"
- Awesome Music: Plenty, but the one in Isaac's boss fight is awesome.
- Demonic Spiders: pick up any LV.75 enemy. Anyone. Ranging from the Fleamen to the Red Ogre
- Foe Yay: A metric ton of it, courtesy of Isaac to Hector.
- Fridge Horror: Legion, who's met in the depths of a Church. Yes, that probably means that someone willingly worshipped an Eldritch Abomination whose sanctum is made of human corpses and which eventually hatches an evil monster of pure light. Think about it for a second.
- Game Breaker: Bone Storm.
- Goddamn Bats: There are enemies that qualify as this trope, but oddly enough there aren't any actual bat enemies in Curse of Darkness at all, unlike the rest of the series.
- Ho Yay: Between Isaac and Hector, Isaac and Trevor... okay, between Isaac and everyone but Julia who is his sister.
- Nightmare Fuel: The dungeons of the Garibaldi Temple, especially outside Legion's room. And Legion itself.
- That One Sidequest: Some of the game's better and.....wackier weapons require hard to find items, some of which are boss-only steals. Stealing items requires the enemies to be in a particular frame of motion. Oh, and did you happen to miss a key item from a boss? No worries, you can fight them again! Provided you boss rush through all the bosses in the game that is. Not too bad, until you remember that every boss past the first two are That One Boss. One of them ( Death) actually requires you to raise up a fairy with the ability invincibility jar to get to him when he's vulnerable to stealing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.