The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ability Over Appearance: Daniel Craig got a bit of controversy when he was cast as James Bond because he looked very different from the past Bonds, being derisively referred to as "James Blond." This of course all went away once the film came out and he got rave reviews. He may have invoked the trope, since he refused to dye his hair black for the role.
- The Cameo: There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance by rock-star executive Richard Branson: he's one of the people being scanned when Bond goes through Miami Airport security.
- Death by Cameo - The director of the film plays a truck driver who has his neck snapped at the Miami airport.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Irony as She Is Cast: As they discuss their cover, Vesper describes herself as coming from a strict Roman Catholic family. Eva Green herself is an atheist, and was raised in an irreligious family.
- The Poker Game!
- To get this you have to read several of the original novels, especially Goldfinger. Throughout the series there are references to the game at the Casino Royale including the names and positions of the players. The large black gentleman? Mr. Big from Live and Let Die.
The touristy woman to Felix's left? In the book Goldfinger, she and her husband ask Bond to investigate Goldfinger's cheating them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.