|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Fake Nationality - The primary recurring cast members were all British (except for Sid James, who was born and raised in South Africa but tended to play Cockneys, making him a Fake Brit), but many of them played a variety of other nationalities across the series, usually without affecting the relevant accent. Carry On Cowboy was a notable exception, with the entire cast affecting American accents (of varying quality) except for Jim Dale (whose character was British) and Charles Hawtrey (the incongruity of an Indian chief looking and talking like Hawtrey being a source of humour).
- Hey, It's That Guy! - As of 2011, the eponymous Sergeant in Carry On, Sergeant looks a bit like Matt Smith.
- In fact, the eccentric soothsayer in Cleo, the blind and deaf sheriff in Cowboy, and the doctor who accidentally creates Oddbod Jr. in Screaming also now look rather like Matt Smith.
- In a similar vein, Wilfred Mott apparently served in the British Navy in the days of Napoleon (Carry on Jack) and later in the British Secret Service (Carry On Spying) before joining the Doctor in the TARDIS.
- Frank Thornton, best known as Captain Peacock in Are You Being Served?, appears in Carry On Screaming as, appropriately, the owner of a clothing shop.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.