The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A Rated "M" for Manly character is hairy.
- Played Straight: Bob Badass has a hairy chest visible during his Shirtless Scene.
- More testosterone = more body hair
- Bob Badass has a smooth chest, though the rest of his boddy is very hairy.
- Bob has a hairy chest, but he's very sensitive and Weaksauce Weakness personified.
- Gender Inverted: Alice is a very hairy woman, which she may or may not feel self-conscious about.
- Double Subverted:
- Until a brief Shirtless Scene or nude scene comes on, and Bob's chest hair is visible.
- Only because he's a competitive swimmer and has to wax everything to attain higher speeds; it's not something he'd do otherwise.
- Lampshaded: "Bob, could you put a sweater on or something? That chest rug of yours is too pornographic for my eyes."
- Averted: Bob is a smooth-chested Bishounen
- Enforced: "We need to show that this guy is so Badass that he sweats testosterone! Let's give him a nice chest rug!"
- Invoked: Bob starts taking anabolic steroids, and this is an unintended side effect.
- Defied: Bob doesn't like body hair, and so removes it.
- Played For Laughs: See "Parodied"
- Played For Drama: As body hair goes out of style, Bob gets teased for being hairy.
Back to Carpet of Virility
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.