|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The plot is fairly standard--you, Joe, must find your missing father by traveling the wastelands and dropping off cargo between towns, entering tournaments along the way.
What makes the game unique is the action-oriented battle system and the sheer amount of customization available--there are over 3 million part combinations. All cars have weapons attached, used with the GBA's shoulder buttons, and you can employ both those and traps to wreck your opponents' cars.
- Action RPG
- Adjective Noun Fred
- Ancestral Weapon: Joe's G-COM that weaponizes his car was a gift from his father.
- Collision Damage: Only in the first battle, though, as you're using a regular car.
- Cool Car
- Chainsaw Good: A couple weapons are saws of various types.
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: All those Save Points? They all have different expositional information.
- Disappeared Dad
- Easing Into the Adventure
- Fiery Redhead: Joe.
- Guide Dang It: Playing without the instruction manual can be difficult as many items have short labels, and unless you're familiar with cars, some terms may be confusing.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: This goes for Joe and Pal.
- Heroic Mime: Pal speaks for Joe.
- The Hero's Birthday: The game begins on Joe's sixteenth birthday.
- In the Blood: "You're pretty good at this, kid! Must be your father's genes..."
- Just a Kid
- Justified Tutorial: Joe's never driven a weaponized car before. Thankfully, they're also skippable.
- Like Father, Like Son
- Mecha Game
- Nominal Importance: Joe's father gets a name, Jim Todoroki, while his mother doesn't.
- Robot Buddy: The aptly-named Pal.
- Save Point: Various Link Points, which also double as an in-game library.
- Serious Business
- Vehicular Combat
- Weaponized Car: Every car in the game.
- X Meets Y: Pokémon meets Mad Max.