|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The main character is Nick, a television Tokusatsu action hero whose popularity is waning. To renew his vigor, he goes to the magical Minmin Island where wishes are granted. There he finds a host of obscure and forgotten Nintendo characters, most of them down on their luck and seeking to have their wishes granted as well. Nick transforms into Captain Rainbow and uses his Yo-Yo and stylish action moves to solve puzzles and help out the islanders.
One might find interesting the fact that after a few years a game about an isolated land of obscure and forgotten Nintendo characters, a new disney game was released.
After years of hiatus, a fan translation site Kirameki have been now developing an english and italian fan translation patch for the game.
Provides examples of:
- Captain Superhero
- Fandom Nod: The argument over whether Birdo is male or female is a key part of his/her story.
- Fan Translation: It is on development, and is slated to be released this christmas.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Very unexpected for her character and appearance, Hikari speaks this way.
- Gag Boobs: Tracy
- Killer Yoyo: The Captain's means of offense.
- Lucky Charms Title: Captain★Rainbow.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: In the vein of Super Smash Bros, except most of the characters are the kind that are too obscure to appear as anything more than a trophy.
- Not as You Know Them: Everyone's down on their luck, but Little Mac has really let himself go.
- Spiritual Successor: To Chibi-Robo!, Skip's other franchise--even though that one has an ACTUAL sequel.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Birdo, who is very clearly a female transgendered dinosaur in this game.
- Transsexual: As said she's transgendered. Though as hinted in the Mario games she may be post-op.