|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- There was Captain America Vol. 1, #301 when Cap was still artificially aged as an eighty year old, seemingly doomed to remain that way. However, the Avengers try to change Cap back in a special treatment chamber when Mother Superior and the Sisters of Sin try to interfere and kill him inside. When the heroes finally enter the chamber themselves to save Cap, they find the Sisters reduced to toddlers, and, in a final splash panel, a youthful Steve Rogers standing grateful with Bernie, his full vitality restored for his new adventures to come as the renewed Sentinel of Liberty.
- In issue #50 of Ed Brubaker's run, after looking back at how life has seemingly passed him by and how he hasn't had a proper birthday with the high-risk life he's led, Bucky is greeted by Black Widow and the rest of the New Avengers with the first birthday party he's had in over sixty years.
- Cap's return in Reborn sees his reunion with Bucky, whom he hadn't had really got a chance to talk with ever since he was de-brainwashed.
- Which soon enough, turns into a Moment of Awesome, with the two Captains America charging into battle.
- And later, his exchange with Sharon. Few words, yet so much sweet.
God, you're beautiful.
Well, thanks, mister.
- Cap and Fury meet up in Arlington cemetery. Cap notices the statue that erected in his memory back when he was dead.
Steve: They should take that thing down.
Fury: They should raise it higher.
- In Captain America Volume 3, Issue 27, Nick Fury, by way of thanks and apology, comes over to Steve's place to give him a present - CDs of Steve's childhood favorite radio show, The Midnight Racer. The look of awed childlike pleasure and astonishment on his face at regaining a little bit of his life before that he thought was lost forever is both bittersweet and utterly heartwarming.
- Towards the end of the first volume of New Avengers, Steve had just came back to life. Ms. Marvel didn't believe it was really him, so he whispered something to her at length. Cue Glomp.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.