The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Accidental Innuendo: Too Cool opens "I'm too cool for my dress"
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Some have speculated that the reason that Tess left Camp Rock in the sequel was because she was in love with Mitchie and didn't want to have to see her with Shane every day.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The songs "What It Takes" and "Hasta la Vista" in the first film. Both songs are completely irrelevant, are sung by minor characters, and are never mentioned again afterward. They are very obviously just there to pad the movie.
- Canon Sue: Mitchie as of the second movie.
Sander: For you Mitchie, anything!
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- "Our Time Is Here" from the DVD.
- The duet, "Wouldn't Change a Thing".
- "Heart and Soul" by The Jonas Brothers. Love or hate the movie, this song was pretty cool.
- Critical Research Failure:
- For some reason, the camp is called "Camp Rock", and people go there to rock out, when they're obviously playing pop (and some techno and hybrid of both) music.
- Justified on two levels; first, because of Brown's background as a rock star, he would name his camp for music after the musical style he came up on - and because of the Rule of Cool. After all, how many kids would want go to 'Camp Pop?'
- Designated Villain: Tess in Camp Rock 2 who gets excited about a famous record label once owner and is treated like a traitor from that point on despite not leaving for Camp Star until they come back from the welcoming ceremony. There's also the fact that she was treated as Mitchie's shadow (Like all the other girls) but was the only one smart enough to leave.
- The entirety of Camp Star are villains because their camp director decided to build state of the art dorms and give them the best in performing arts tuition and managed to use marketing.
- Ear Worm: All of the songs in these movies will get stuck in your head at sometime.
- Fanon: While never stated in the first movie, it was always assumed that Nate and Jason were Shane's brothers. In the sequel this was confirmed.
- Foe Yay: Tess with Mitchie, Caitlyn, and Luke.
- Jerkass Woobie: Tess was undeniably bitchy in the first movie, but you have to feel bad for her when her Mom bails on her in the middle of her performance.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many tropers saw Camp Rock 2 because they heard Meaghan Jette Martin and Alyson Stoner were in it.
- Les Yay: It's On, in both the movie and the music video Tess and Caitlin are paired together while all the other girls are paired with boys.
- The Scrappy: Most fans hate Dana, mostly for reasons of Die for Our Ship. Their argument is a terrible one because it's of a pairing of two characters that have never acknowledged each other's existence
- Camp Rock 2. Even those who liked the first one don't care much for the second one.
- Strangled by the Red String:
- Seriously, there's absolutely no chemistry between Mitchie and Shane.
- Curiously, actors Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas were an item IRL.
- And that didn't end well.
- Nate and Dana.
- Most fans hate this. Of course they argue that Nate should be with Caitlyn despite little to no interaction between them
- Unfortunate Implications: Lola, Barron, and Sander, 3 of the 4 black characters in the first movie, are always together. Then Lola leaves in between movies and they replace her with Peggy, the only other black girl. To top it off they make her a Token Minority Couple her with Barron.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.