|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Camp Calomine is a webcomic by Ralph E. Hayes, who is better known for works like Goblin Hollow and Tales of the Questor. The story focuses mainly on a camp counselor named Charles, who has become a Deadpan Snarker after the camp was bought and run by Hyper Tree Huggers who have no idea how anything works. The two main reasons he sticks around are to make sure the kids coming to the camp actually learn something about surviving in the wild and the Rule of Funny when it comes to most of the other counselors.
- Adults Are Useless: Most of the staff.
- Competence Zone It seems the only competent ones are Charles, the kids and one of the other camp counselors, the rest fall under Too Dumb to Live
- Deadpan Snarker: Charles definitely meets the requirements for this to the point that his stating correct facts gets him in trouble with his "superiors". He actually shows this at page one.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome? this page seems to combine it with a bit of Rule of Funny just go here if you want to see what I mean
- Too Dumb to Live quite a few members of the adult cast seem to be excellent candidates for this if they don't actually qualify