|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This page contains the characters of Camp Buddy. Beware of Spoilers!
The game's protagonist and one of the newest arrivals at the camp.
Voiced by: Kiba Walker.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Has one early in the story after getting excited from seeing his friends in the bath.
- Affectionate Nickname: In both Hiro and Taiga's routes: "Cutie" in the former and "Dummy" in the latter.
- Animal Motifs: Frog.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Obviously omitting the girl part, but this trope gets invoked if he decides to pursue Yoichi as his love interest.
- All-Loving Hero: Gets accused as one by Taiga, as even though he is the newcomer at the camp, everybody is already enamored with him. Turns out to be actually true; he's an extremely friendly and kindhearted person to the point Goro calls him a model scout.
- Camera Fiend: Always carries his camera around with him. This results in him becoming the prime suspect of taking a nude photo of Goro.
- Childhood Friends: Is this with Hiro. Hiro is hoping for more.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Can have this with Hiro if he decides to pursue him as his love interest.
- Covert Pervert: The nice and charming Keitaro has a huge amount of lustful thought on him whenever seeing his friends/love interests naked or in a compromising position. Naturally, everybody (especially Yoichi and Taiga) can see it.
- Dating Catwoman: With Taiga in his route. Downplayed as it is after Taiga has a Heel-Face Turn.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Downplayed in Taiga's route. Although Keitaro was delighted with the reconciliation of Taiga and Kieran, he still felt a little jealous of Taiga because of his and Kieran's shared past together.
- The Heart: Without him, his group of friends (and the entire camp for that matter) wouldn't have become as united as they did.
- Heroes Want Redheads: If he decides to pursue Taiga as his love interest.
- Hidden Depths: He is surprisingly knowledgeable about how to fish from watching the fishing action from Super Jirou's friend, despite having never gone fishing before.
- Hundred-Percent Adoration Rating: Everyone in Camp Buddy (And eventually even Taiga and Goro later on) adores Keitaro. It's not hard to see why.
- Hopeless with Tech: It is revealed in the artbook that he is only good with his camera and nothing else in the hi-tech department.
- Extreme Doormat: Viewed as one by Taiga, who believed him to only live to please everyone at the camp. This trope gets enforced during the first week on Taiga route, with him, Eduard, and Lee forcing practically all the jobs on him. Thankfully, he got better, and eventually gained their trust (and Taiga's romantic affection) with his good nature and blissful charm.
- In-Series Nickname: "Frogboy" by Yoichi, due to his frog motif.
- Meaningful Name: According to the developer, his surname Nagame has two meanings: Long rain (長雨 Naga'ame) and scene/to gaze upon (眺め Nagame).
- Nature Lover: Keitaro is a character who loves the great outdoors and all that dwell therein. He is also fond of outdoor activities such as nature walks and camping which perfectly fits the theme of Camp Buddy.
- Nice Guy: Probably the nicest character in the whole game.
- Not a Morning Person: Keitaro definitely doesn't like to wake up very early, which was demonstrated in all routes.
- Oblivious to Love: He's completely unaware of Hiro's feelings for him since the beginning of the game (before the player gets to pick a route).
- Oh Crap: Twice in Taiga's route. The first time is during the beach trip, when he slips up and tells him that he saw him pleasuring himself. The second time is when Taiga catches him reading his journal.
- Pointless Band-Aid: According to the developer, he only wears them as fashion, not because he has any injuries.
- Rousseau Was Right: Keitaro strongly believes that there is a reason why Taiga has such a cynic view of the world and that he doesn't harass him just for his own amusment. Turns out he was right. Taiga is only the way he is because of the experience he was put through during his previous year at Camp Buddy. Before that he was a pretty sociable Nice Guy.
- Second Love: Is this to Taiga in his route. His first and previous romantic relationship with his ex-boyfriend Kieran ended in disaster after the latter, alongside other bullies at camp, framed Taiga for the beat-up of a camper simply because Taiga wanted to spend time with new friends and Kieran wanted to be with him and and only him alone.
- Seme and Uke: In the game, he gets to be both. It differs with each route and scenario the player takes: Both with Yoichi, Hiro and Taiga, Seme only with Hunter and Uke only with Natsumi.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Hunter's Sensitive Guy in the latter's route.
- Sheep in Sheep's Clothing: At first Taiga suspects Keitaro's actions are just to project the image of a pleasant person and claims that he is not as nice as he seems. He's wrong, Keitaro really is one of nicest people on Earth.
- Shonen Hair: A traditional spiky brown one.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Obviously omitting the woman part, but this trope gets invoked if he decides to pursue Natsumi as his love interest.
The camp instructor and the main protagonist of the upcoming DLC.
Voiced by: Kiba Walker.
- Ambiguous Situation: He is seen naked inside the same camping tent with Aiden in a flashback for a... reason.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: In his upcoming DLC at least.
- Animal Motifs: Grizzly Bear.
- Broken Pedestal: Goro's pessimist personality in the present and holding his pride over the safety and happiness of the campers broke Yoshinori's feeling in more than one way.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin': Barely. He almost got caught having sex with Aiden during the events of Hunter's route.
- Covert Pervert: Like Keitaro, Yoshinori is always seen by the kids as a professional and admirable individual, but it's implied by Yoichi, Yuri, and Aiden (and later is shown) that he is Not So Above It All, with him having sex with Aiden in throughout the night during the beach camp and almost getting caught by Keitaro at the cafeteria again when having sex with Aiden.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He joined Camp Buddy as its instructor with hope and enthusiasm, but years of lacking in successful result and Goro not reciprocating his feelings wore him down, culminating with the incident from the previous year. Had Keitaro not come, Yoshinori might have crossed Despair Event Horizon. Not to mention the implication of All Love Is Unrequited towards Goro and the Brokeback Mountain reference to him and Aiden.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Following his Broken Pedestal episode, Yoshi is caught dead drunk by Hunter and Natsumi that night, clearly heartbroken from Goro's unreasonable anger.
- Former Teen Rebel: As revealed by himself, Yoshi was actually quite a rule breaker during his scout years, though he also mentioned that he had since cleaned up his act.
- In-Series Nickname: Sheriff Brokeback, due to his cowboy motif and his hinted sexual relationship with Aiden. Also, "Yoshi".
- First Love: It is hinted throughout Taiga's route that Goro was his first love.
- Hero of Another Story: Literally, as it is implied throughout the game and the preview event CGs that DLC takes place during the same time period as the main game.
- Hunk: A fairly attractive one.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: On the second nights at the beach during Taiga's route, he gave a pair of handmade friendship bracelets to Keitaro and Taiga as presents in addition to the special badges they earned. However, this reminded Taiga of his traumatic experience of his camping trip with Kieran, causing him to refuse them and ran away.
- Parental Substitute: Is one to Yoichi, after the latter was abandoned by his mother.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: After Goro acknowledges the error of his way and learns to trust and understand the campers more, Yoshinori is able to reaffirm his feelings towards him.
- Shipper on Deck: It is implied that he ships Keitaro with Taiga, given the suggestive nature of the exercises given to them during badge earning activity.
- Seme and Uke: From the preview event CGs, he is the former to Aiden and the latter to Goro. Time will tell if there is more to that though.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Get this from Taiga during the waterfall hiking, with the latter called out on him for going too far in forcing him to patch up with his friends for his previous year incident without even believing that he can learn and fix his own mistake by himself.
The Love Interests
These are the five boys whom Keitaro can potentially establish a relationship with. Tropes shared by all five love interests:
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: There are certain points during the game in which the POV changes from Keitaro to the love interest of the route.
- Big Damn Heroes: All of them except Taiga. At the end of the beach trip a nude photo of Goro is found and Keitaro becomes the main suspect due to him always carrying his camera around and Goro plans on expelling him from the camp as a result. Back at the camp, the love interest of the route organizes an investigation alongside the other love interests to proof Keitaro's innocence, which they end up doing by figuring out Taiga as the true responsable of the photo incident, who admits everything without realizing that both Goro and Keitaro walked in and heard everything he said. Averted in Taiga's route as the photo incident doesn't happen in that route.
- Break the Cutie: All of the love interests go through traumatic and/or heartbreaking experiences at some point. Thankfully for them, they have Keitaro (Each love interest has their own section detailing what happens to them).
- Curtains Match the Window: With the exception of Hunter, all of them have their respective hair color match their eye color. Subverted with Hiro, who dyed his brown hair orange.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Natsumi is Phlegmatic, Hiro is Sanguine, Yoichi and Taiga are Choleric, and Hunter is Melancholic.
- Theme Naming: With the exception of Taiga, they all have names associated with seasons (Akiba - Autumn, Yukimura - Snow, Springfield, Natsumi - Summer). This motif is shown in the released opening.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Sometimes the characters will make comments about events that only happen in another route - and even nudge the player to do that route instead or try it after the current route is finished.
- Odd Friendship: Could you believe that an outgoing, clingy boy, a responsible yet innocent lad, a wild, foul-mouthed and perverted guy, a shy and quiet bookworm and a fiery and cynical bully get along fairly well? Not really a stretch if Keitaro Nagame is in the picture. Lampshaded by Hunter.
- Rainbow Motif: If you add Keitaro to the mix, you get all the colors of the rainbow by combining their color motifs: Red (Taiga), Green (Keitaro), Orange (Hiro), Blue (Natsumi), Purple (Yoichi) and Yellow (Hunter).
- Significant Birth Date: Ties with Theme Naming above. The four love interests who represent a season of the year were born within the months those seasons take place: Hiro was born on September 22nd, Yoichi on January 21st, Hunter on March 20th and Natsumi on June 20th.
- True Companions: With the exception of Taiga (at first), all of them are ready to stick with Keitaro through thick and thin.
- Your Cheating Heart: If the current love interest's affection for Keitaro reaches zero, there will be a scene in which he cheats on Keitaro with another of the Love Interests. This is followed by a bad ending. To be more specific, Hiro and Yoichi hook up and Natsumi and Hunter hook up. Averted with Taiga.
Keitaro's childhood friend and fellow member of the camp.
Voiced by: Shouta Sensei
- Animal Motifs: Raccoon.
- Big Eater: He often brings up being hungry/wanting to eat and he does eat an awful lot; Keitaro even points it out early in the game. Food-related choices always - if not almost always - correspond to Hiro, actually.
- Break the Cutie: He and his childhood crush started spending less time with each other as they grew older, his mother is fighting against an illness and should her condition not improve he might have to move away with her so she can get a more intensive treatment, probably never seeing Keitaro again. The guy just can't seem to catch a break.
- Catchphrase : "Anything for you, Keitaro" and "That's my Keitaro!"
- Clingy Jealous Guy: Often becomes jealous of Keitaro when he spends time with anyone other than him in the other routes.
- Childhood Friend Romance: If Keitaro pursues him.
- Disappeared Dad: While his mother plays a big role during his route, and is later on seen during said route, there is never a single mention of Hiro's father or his whereabouts at any point during his route.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Hiro tends to get really jealous when Keitaro decides to spend time with anyone else. Downplayed in other routes since his jealousy is toned down, but invoked in his own route and before the player has picked any of the five routes.
- Foil: To Kieran. His relationship with Keitaro is almost the same as Kieran and Taiga (minus the fact that the latter two were actually dating whereas Hiro was unable to confess his feelings for Keitaro because he is Oblivious to Love), with both of them bringing their best friend to the camp to have a wonderful summer together. But while Kieran was quite jealous and possessive of Taiga, resulting a disastrous end of their friendship/relationship, Hiro remains supportive of Keitaro even if not everything he had planned went as he expected and, when Keitaro doesn't have time for him, he chooses to hang out with his other friends at the camp so that even if he is still a little upset about it, both can still have fun in their own ways when they're not by each other's side. Their personalities are also something to contrast: Kieran was reserved, quiet and uninterested in making other friends whereas Hiro is very cheerful, loud and sociable.
- Hand Behind Head: One of his sprites.
- Hair Decorations: A pair of hair clips. A present from Keitaro who got it for him in place of a raccoon doll.
- Hopeless Suitor: He feels this way towards Keitaro for most of his route, due to his obliviousness towards Hiro's feelings.
- In-Series Nickname: "Torch-head", courtesy of Yoichi.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He has had a huge crush on Keitaro for a long time, but in the other four routes, when Keitaro and his love interest make official their relationship near the end of a route, Hiro is always supportive of said relationship.
- Keet: His defining personality trait. Hiro is outgoing, loud, energetic and very friendly.
- Leitmotif: "Autumn Raccoon".
- Meaningful Name: His surname Akiba means Autumn Leaf (秋葉 Akiba). Additionally, one of the possible meanings of Hiro's name is "Sun Boy".
- Momma's Boy: Positive Portrayal. Hiro dearly loves his mother and he is incredibly worried about her due to the fact that while he is at Camp Buddy, she at the hospital because she is prone to illness and suffers from an unespecified condition. He has been taking care of her ever since he was a kid.
- Multicolored Hair: He dyes his hair orange because it matches the hair color of Super Jirou, an in-universe superhero character Hiro is a fan of. His orange eyes coincidentally match.
- Muscle Angst: He is somewhat jealous of Yoichi's well toned body and huge equipment.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Hiro has had feelings for Keitaro ever since he can remember, but he hasn't been able to spit them out due to Keitaro being Oblivious to Love (That, of course, can change if the player decides to do his route).
- Punny Name: Hiro as in "Hero". Which is his party costume's motif.
- The Pollyanna: Even if Keitaro is oblivious to his feelings and his mother, who he has had to take care for ever since he was young, is at the hospital fighting a disease, Hiro is a pretty happy and cheerful individual. That being said, he is still troubled about those things even if he won't openly express It.
- Real Men Cook: He is a wonderful cook who is not afraid of showing off his culinary skills.
- Ship Tease: With Yoichi. Their relationship as the Vitriolic Best Buds sometimes (plenty of times, actually) reaches the point in which they look Like an Old Married Couple. They are usually seen together in the routes in which none of them are Keitaro's love interest.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Hiro only has eyes for Keitaro. Even during a scene with him and Yoichi in his route's bad ending, Hiro states that he still has feelings towards Keitaro.
- Stepford Smiler: Overlaps with The Pollyanna avobe. While most of his happy-go-lucky traits are genuine, behind them lies a boy who is struggling with bottled up feelings for his oblivious childhood friend.
- Supporting Protagonist: Of some sort. The other characters are important on their routes, but Keitaro stays the main character. In Hiro's Route, however, the focus is clearly more on him than on Keitaro, with a heavy focus on his thoughts and his growth as a character (way more than the other four).
- Supreme Chef: One of Hiro’s notable characteristics is that he is a skilled chef. No one argues with this statement, not even Yoichi.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He seems to have a fondness for pizza.
- Uke: The Uke to Keitaro's Seme in his route. Inverted during the time Keitaro is sick in which he tops.
- He is this to Yoichi as well as seen in their "cheating" scene.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Yoichi in most routes, as they cannot stop arguing with each other. On his own route, however, Yoichi is more on the "best bud" side than the "vitriolic" one. This can also lead them to potentially hook up if you get a bad ending with either of them.
A shy bookworm boy who joins the camp under a certain circumstance.
Voiced by: Kolton Nation
- Adorkable: His sweet, shy and a slightly awkward character, as well as his passion for drawing, anime and manga (especially on his route) makes him very endearing.
- Aerith and Bob: Unlike the other love interests, his name is not a typical japanese name. Justified as he comes from another country.
- Animal Motifs: Bunny.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: To go with his nickname Twinkerbell, his hair is shaped like one.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: With Natsumi.
- Billy Elliot Plot: Somewhat and played with in his route. Hunter wants to be an artist, which isn't considered "girly" by the standards of the trope, but his parents (both of them) dissaprove of it and want him to become a bussines-oriented person instead, which isn't considered "manly" by the standards of the trope either. The situation gets better by the end.
- Bookworm: Hunter enjoys reading books, they also happen to be one of the main reasons for why he is so smart. Also, during his first few days at Camp Buddy he prefered to spend his time reading books rather than socializing with others.
- Break the Cutie: In his route, his parents threaten to take him out of Camp Buddy, separating him from the first friends he was able to make, believing the Camp to be a bad influence for him, and don't want to acknowledge his dream of wanting to go to an Art School and pursue a career as an artist. The situation gets better eventually.
- The Cutie: Hunter is a kind, Adorkable Shrinking Violet with a passion for books and art, and unlike the other four Love Interests, who could be labeled as "handsome", Hunter is more on the "cute" side.
- Cute Bookworm: Shy, short, adorable and a bookworm? Yep, he fits in this category just right.
- Fan Art: Makes this with Keitaro in his route.
- Friendless Background: Hunter has been home schooled all his life and his shy personality made it difficult for him to make any friends until he met Keitaro and the others.
- Grew a Spine: As he becomes more confident in himself he shows how maturely he can handle certain situations and that he can stand up for himself and, in his route, Keitaro when he's framed for taking the nude photo of Goro. It also says a lot that he eventually confronts Taiga in said route.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has light blond hair, and is smart and courageous.
- Idiot Hair: Has an ahoge on top of his head.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: To go along with his sweet personality and youthful appearence. However he is not as naive as Natsumi is.
- In-Series Nickname: "Twinkerbell" from Yoichi, and more infamously, "Princess" from Taiga.
- Ironic Name: His last name, "Springfield", means "active individual", which is the opposite of Hunter's shy personality.
- Leitmotif: "Spring Bunny".
- Muscle Angst: During the Shower Scene with the other main characters, after Yoichi shows off his muscles Hunter states that he would like to have a bigger body.
- Non-Specifically Foreign: It is obvious that Hunter is not Japanese, but the country which he comes from is never specified during the game.
- Not So Different: A friendly example with Felix, as both of them are shy and quiet boys. Hunter himself brings it up in-game and because of their similar personalities they get along well.
- Playboy Bunny: His party costume motif. In an unusual aversion, it's a rare male variation (with apron) instead of the more common female's one-piece.
- The Quiet One: Hunter doesn't speak much due to his timid nature and being isolated from other peers of his age, preferring to express himself through art.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Keitaro's Manly Man in his route.
- Ship Tease: With Natsumi. Natsumi usually compliments Hunter's appearence and they both have a Big Guy, Little Guy dynamic going on. They are usually seen together the routes in which neither of them are Keitaro's love interest.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Hunter is the smallest of the main characters, but at the same time he has an extensive knowledge in various matters because he has been reading different books most of his life. Moreover, he's one the most observant among the whole cast.
- Shrinking Violet: Very shy, timid, reserved and self-conscious. However, he gains more confidence as the game progresses (regardless of the route) and he learns to open up to his friends and other campers.
- Stealth Hi Bye: A Running Gag throught the game as a result of people sometimes not noticing that he is in the room with them.
- Stripperiffic: Yes, Hunter of all people wears something like this at one point during the game. It is during Yuri's costume party in which he ends up in a Playboy Bunny costume due to it being the only one left available.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It is not a stretch to say that Hunter takes a lot after his mother.
- Teeny Weenie: He has the smallest equipment size out of all the love interests.
- Uke: The Uke to Keitaro's Seme in his route. Lampshaded by Yuri during the beach trip.
- He is this to Natsumi as well as seen in their "cheating" scene.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: To be expected since he is a foreigner and the country which he comes from is never specified. Lampshaded by Yoichi during the first camping event.
- You Do NOT Want to Know:
- Natsumi: (whispering) "Hunter, what's a Seme?"
Hunter: (whispering) "You really don't wanna know, Natsumi."
- Natsumi: (whispering) "Hunter, what's a Seme?"
Yoichi YukimuraThe wildest member of the camp.
Voiced by: Shouta Sensei
- Abusive Parents: His mother abused him because of his resemblance to his father whom he never met, and some time later she abandoned him. Kick the Dog indeed.
- Alliterative Name: Yoichi Yukimura.
- Animal Motifs: Wolf. It is also his party costume motif, but in Stripperiffic.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His spiky hair is shaped like wolf's ears.
- Barely-There Swimwear: His swimsuit is so tiny that it barely covers his treasure trail.
- The Big Guy: The most muscular of the boys and the group's main powerhouse.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Occasionally flaunts his huge equipment size to the gang, notably toward his Vitriolic Best Bud Hiro, knowing the latter's possessiveness of Keitaro. However, in his bottoming scene, he does acknowledge that Keitaro's more average size perfectly satisfies him.
- Break the Haughty: Poor Yoichi doesn't take Yuki's death well in his route (And that is without mentioning all the crap he was put through when he was younger).
- But Liquor Is Quicker: In the sex scene at the end of Arc 3 in his route, Yoichi is drunk.
- Catchphrase: "LAAAME!"
- Chivalrous Pervert: While he enjoys making lewd remarks about pretty much everyone's sex life and is the most flirtatious of the love interets, he cares about his friends and will help and protect them when they need it the most. In his route, it gets even more accentuated thanks to his dog, Yuki. He is always looking after her whenever he can.
- Comical Angry Face: He is prone to make these kind of expressions.
- Cute Little Fangs: Yoichi's canines are way more noticebale and pointier compared to the other characters.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was abandoned by his mother at young age, left to fend and live for himself on the street until he met Yuki. The two lived by stealing and pick-pocketing until they were caught by Yoshinori, who invited them to stay with him at the camp.
- Deadpan Snarker: It gets to the point in which it is actually easier to tell the scenes in which he doesn't let out any sarcastic remarks.
- Disappeared Dad: Yoichi never met his father and he has no idea of who he was either, as he left Yoichi's mother before he was born. She wasn't any better than him though, if anything she was WAY worse than him.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has scars on the various parts of his body, presumably from the time that he and Yuki still lived on the street and possibly from his mother's abuse.
- Hates Baths: Played with. He doesn't dislike taking baths per se, he just takes long gaps between showers. (During the seventh day, before the Shower Scene, Yoichi states that the last time he took a bath was three days ago.)
- Heroes Love Dogs: He absolutely adores his dog Yuki. The same goes for the four pups she gives birth to during his route. Sadly their birth costed her her life.
- Heroic Bastard: Implied. He never knew who his father was, and his biological mother abused him for his resemblance to him and called him a curse.
- Hunk: A shounen variation. He still looks more realistically proportioned than any of the adult scoutmasters though.
- Hypocrite: He is not amused with Yuri's perverted tendencies (moreover because he is usually her primary target) but he is not far from being a pervert himself, in his defense however his tendencies aren't as extreme as Yuri's.
- In-Series Nickname: He's the absolute king of them and Hiro nicknames him "Wolfboy".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may be rude and a pervert, but also loyal and reliable toward those that earned his trust.
- Leitmotif: "Winter Wolf".
- Lethal Chef: During Taiga's route he tries to make cookies... and uses ketchup as an ingredient.
- Malaproper: In Taiga's route, he purposely calls out on Keitaro's for having "Cockhome Syndrome", not only on him for being an Extreme Doormate but also being addicted on Taiga's "dick and dickiness".
- My Friends and Zoidberg: There's this conversation after the four main boys give Keitaro a box with cookies during the cookie exchange event in Taiga's route:
- The Nicknamer: Gives everyone a nickname based on their appearance, animal motif and various gay stereotypes.
- Keitaro = "Frogboy"
- Hiro = "Torch-Head"
- Natsumi = "Mr. Perfect"
- Hunter = "Twinkerbell"
- Taiga = "Dynamite"
- Yoshinori = "Sheriff Brokeback"
- Aiden = "Buttcheeks"
- Eduard = "Spaghetti-Boy"
- Lee = "Four-Eyes"
- Felix = "Snowball"
- Yuri = "Crazy Lady"
- Goro = "Silver Fox"
- By the end of his route he names Yuki's pups the nicknames he gave his friends ("Torch-head", "Twinkerbell", "Mr. Perfect"). Instead of naming the remaining pup Frogboy he names it Keichi; the ship name for Keitaro and Yoichi.
- No Social Skills: His introduction scene involves threatning Hunter over food and smelling both Hiro and Keitaro. Later on during the game, Yoichi admits not bothering trying making friends before the current summer term. Even Natsumi states that it was difficult for him to become friends with Yoichi.
- Only Sane Man: Ironically enough.
- OOC Is Serious Business: If Yoichi isn't being... well, Yoichi, then that means that the situation that is happening at the moment is not Played for Laughs. In these situations he can look as more Closer to Earth than any other character.
- Pet the Dog: Sure, Yoichi is an anti-social guy who claims that everything is "lame" and is always teasing his friends for his own amusment, but he does have a soft spot for them and will not tolerate it when someone is treating them badly. This is also quite done literally with his dog Yuki, as she is one of the most important things in his life. One of his his biggest Pet the Dog moments is in Hiro's route: while they both would usually be arguing, Yoichi instead gives Hiro advice to manage his relationship with Keitaro, as he is struggling with Keitaro being Oblivious to Love. Helps a lot that they both share plenty of Ship Tease moments to begin with.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: If Keitaro pursues him.
- Puppy Dog Eyes: Surprisingly, this comes from him of all people during the third act in his route.
- Purple Is Powerful: His color motif is purple and he is the strongest among the love interests and the campers.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Oni to Natsumi's Blue.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: When he gets terrified of Hiro's horror story early in the game. Lampshaded by Hunter.
- Seme: The Seme to Keitaro's Uke in his route. Inverted during the the time Keitaro is sick in which he bottoms.
- He is this to Hiro as well as seen in their "cheating" scene.
- Ship Tease: With Hiro. Their relationship as the Vitriolic Best Buds can sometimes (a lot of times, actually) reach the point in which they look Like an Old Married Couple. They are usually seen together in the routes in which none of them are Keitaro's love interest.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Apparently Yoichi resembles his father a lot, which is the reason for his mother's abuse and also the reason why she abandoned him at a young age. Given that Yoichi never met his father is hard to tell how accurate this information is.
- Sir Swearsalot: Yoichi is the most foul-mouthed of the love interests.
- Stripperiffic: You have his sports uniform, which consists in just a pair of shorts (which also happen to show a bit of his pubic hair), his swimsuit, which is a bit tiny for him and finally His wolf costume during the Costume Party.
- Sweet Tooth: Throughout the game, it became clear that Yoichi is not indifferent to sweets, especially to marshmallows.
- The Tease: He sexually teases Keitaro in his route, especially during the beach trip.
- Tsundere: Type B. Playful and energetic most of the time, yet easily teased by Keitaro and/or Hiro on various occasions. He even lets out the typical Tsundere catchphrases in more than one occasion during his route.
- Yoichi: “Don’t get the wrong idea! I’m just gonna do this because you’re so persistent! I have nothing else to do, got that?”
- Tragic Keepsake: The artbook reveals that the key and lock pair of chokers are the only thing that he has left of his father, whom he never met and knows nothing about. Double once more with Keitaro inheriting the key half following Yuki's death and wearing it as a symbol of him and Yoichi starting a new "family" (with Yuki's four pups) together.
- Undying Loyalty: At the end of the day, even though Yoichi knows fully well that neither of his parents cared about him, he still can't bring himself to hate them.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Hiro on most routes, as they cannot stop arguing with each other. On Hiro's route, however, he's more on the "best bud" side than the "vitriolic" one. This can also lead them to potentially hook up if you get a bad ending with either of them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has purple hair.
Natsumi HamasakiConsidered to be the best scout in Camp Buddy by many.
Voiced by: Dempster Riksa Lee
- Academic Athlete: Heavily Implied. Considering his need for new knowledge in and out of the camp and the fact that Natsumi is a good swimmer, it could have been expected.
- Adorkable: It's subtle but due his naivety in some matters, dorkiness in certain situations and overall sweet nature, Natsumi fits this category.
- Animal Motifs: Beetle.
- Always Second Best: In his route once Naoto comes to the camp as a volunteer, he does everything he does so well that everyone starts comparing Natsumi to him.
- Yoichi: "You better get your 'A' Game on, Mr. Perfect, or you're gonna lose to your big brother!"
- Always Someone Better: He sees his big brother Naoto as being more attractive, useful and talented than him, giving him an inferiority complex. During his route, it doesn't help that most people on the camp compliment Naoto on his contributions to the facility and his good looks and constantly compare Natsumi to him.
- Big Brother Instinct: He shows to be this to Hunter in the latter's route, which is even Lampshaded by Natsumi himself.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: He has the biggest equipment size out of all the love interests. Not that he pays much attention to it though.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: With Hunter.
- Broken Ace: He works as hard as he does precisely in order to achieve the status of the Ace and be recognized for it, since he feels inadequate in comparison to his older brother Naoto. It gets to the point where he prioritizes trying to be the best over his own well-being - thankfully in his route Keitaro helps him learn and overcome his insecurities and workaholic tendencies.
- Break the Cutie: In his route him constantly being compared to Naoto, and Naoto himself pressuring him for seemingly no apparent reason slowly produces this effect on him. Culminated with "The Reason You Suck" Speech he receives from his brother, which fully breaks him. Luckily he has Keitaro.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Naoto's Cain. Naoto usually makes Natsumi feel like he is less than him in every single way possible.
- The Comically Serious: He takes his chores at Camp Buddy very seriously and is recognized as The Ace, but in a game filled with many double entendres and him being the most innocent of the bunch expect him to be this when the situation calls for it.
- Fair Cop: His party costume motif.
- Gender Blender Name: "Natsumi" is a name that is more commonly associated with females than males.
- Hair Color Dissonance: His hair is blue, but some CGs show it being black or darkish grey.
- In-Series Nickname: Yoichi almost never calls him anything but "Mister Perfect" and "Mister Waterworks" on one occasion on Hunter's Route.
- I Just Want to Be Special: In Natsumi's word, he has been living his life under the shadow of his highly successful, handsome, and talented older brother, motivating him to be someone worthy in everyone's, and especially, Keitaro's eyes.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: While he may be the Ace of the group, Natsumi is rather naive in the other aspects and has no knowledge regarding sex and alike until he is taught by Keitaro. Notably, he was unable to identify Keitaro's semen on his laundry, courtesy of the latter having sex with Hunter in the latter's route. They also happen to match his hair.
- Leitmotif: "Summer Beetle".
- Seme: The Seme to Keitaro's Uke in his route. Lampshaded by Yuri, who comments that Natsumi has the perfect Seme senpai attributes. In a subversion, he has no sexual knowledge at all prior to meeting with Keitaro. Moreover, the perfect part is a massive deconstruction.
- He is this to Hunter as well as seen in their "cheating" scene.
- Ship Tease: With Hunter. Natsumi usually compliments Hunter's appearence and they both have a Big Guy, Little Guy dynamic going on. They are usually seen together the routes in which neither of them are Keitaro's love interest.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Look at him, look at his brother. You can easily tell that they are related.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: He has dark blue hair, is tallest and the most mature of the group, and is rather handsome, as complimented by Yuri.
- Team Mom: He is the guy who keeps everyone's well-being together. Lampshaded by Keitaro in Taiga's route that it is thanks to Natsumi that their cabin remains tidy and not full of unwashed laundry unlike Taiga's.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: On a receiving end from Naoto, who tells him that everything Natsumi has done is only for his own satisfaction at being praised and rewarded, and not because he cares about his friends.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue Oni to Yoichi's red.
- Workaholic: Natsumi prioritizes completing chores at Camp Buddy more than taking care of himself or simply enjoying his time at the camp. He does this in order to reach the status of The Ace and be promoted to Scoutmaster someday, and also because of his inferiority complex courtesy of his brother.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Natsumi's hair color is dark blue.
A troublesome member of the camp who is at odds with Keitaro.
Voiced by: Ezra Payne
- A Date with Rosie Palms: He has one during the beach trip in his route, right after getting away from Keitaro, who had fallen asleep while hugging him from behind, with boner included!
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His hair is shaped like a flame, fitting his Fiery Redhead personality.
- Animal Motifs: Tiger.
- Barely-There Swimwear: Even more than Yoichi, as his swimsuit is a bikini brief.
- Big Brother Instinct: Took Eduard and Lee under his wings after he saved them from the bullies.
- Break the Cutie: The result of the experience he was put through during his previous year at Camp Buddy.
- The Bully: Is this to Keitaro. Well, at least for the first half of the game.
- Catchphrase: "Hey, dweebs!"
- The Charmer: According to Kieran, his former boyfriend, he was always quite a charmer with people around him, but because of an unfortunate incident last year in the camp, he seems to lost this trait. Fortunately, he gets better with Keitaro's help and gradually returning to his previous self.
- The Cynic: He definitely gives off this vibe if the things he says to Keitaro when they are both alone during the first arc of the game are anything to go by. It is later revealed that this is because he Took a Level In Cynic and Jerkass after being betrayed by someone he trusted and most of his friends turning against him and blaming him of something he didn't do during his previous year at Camp Buddy. He gets better eventually.
- Cute Little Fangs: Some of his sprites and the CGs in which he appears show him with these.
- Dark and Troubled Past: According to Eduard and Lee Taiga was at first very similar to Keitaro...until he got relentlessly bullied by former campers in a previous year and on top of that he was unfairly blamed for his bullies' shortcomings, giving him his bad reputation and sour personality.
- It goes into more detail in his route. In the beginning, Taiga was in a relationship with Kieran, his best friend/lover, who suggested Taiga to join Camp Buddy with him so they can have the best summer together. Despite everything started out well, as the time went on, Taiga was more interested in having a good time with new friends at the camp, much to Kieran's anger and jealousy. Things finally hit the rock bottom during the Sport Fest when Taiga suggested him to join other team instead of inviting Kieran to join his first (the maximum member of each team is five, which Taiga invited Eduard, Lee, Natsumi, and Yoichi). Full of frustration at Taiga, Kieran plotted a revenge by staging a beat up on one of the camp member, causing those who didn't like him to sabotage the activity out of misguidance, costing both their relationship and the camp's reputation.
- Dating Catwoman: With Keitaro in his route. Downplayed as it is after Taiga has a Heel Face Turn.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: King in this case. He starts out as a Jerkass to Keitaro just because, Well, or at least that is what he makes it look like, causing Keitaro to try to get along with him. Needless to say, he succeeds. And the achievement is even bigger during Taiga's route.
- Despair Event Horizon: In the previous year, he got blamed for something he didn't do and was assaulted by Kieran some time later, getting the scar he has on his face as a result. After all of this his nice and friendly personality was swapped for a bitter and cynic personality.
- Disc One Final Boss: Did you really think that making him have a change of attitude/gaining his romantic affection during his route would be the last thing you would have to deal with in this game?
- Driven by Envy: His antagonistic actions towards Keitaro are driven purely by jealousy that Keitaro is so well loved by everyone at the camp including his two sidekicks, and despite being put through various ordeals, is still able to maintain kindness and optimism, something that he himself is unable to do.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: "What the fuck does that little shit think he's doing? Dammit! he's looking down on me again, just like everyone here does! Why did he still want me here? Grrr... He probably just wants to see me suffer! Y-Yeah, that's probably it!"
- Evil Redhead: He does start as the game's main antagonist after all, but fear not, he does get better thanks to Keitaro.
- Et Tu, Brute?: He is a victim of this during his previous year at Camp Buddy. His boyfriend Kieran, alongside other people who disliked Taiga for standing up to the Camp's bullies, pinned the beat-up of a camper on Taiga. Kieran's reason for doing this? Taiga wanted to spend time with new friends and Kieran didn't want to be with anyone else other than him, thus excluding himself from Taiga's social group.
- Fiery Redhead: Oh, damn right he is fiery if you manage to grind his gears.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger: One of his sprites. Generally used when he is angry or taunting someone.
- Heel Face Turn
- Hidden Depths: He is rather skilled in handicraft and like, easily fixing Goro's broken lei in his route. He also creates his party costume from scratches, unlike the others.
- Hopeless Suitor: It is implied in the four main routes that Taiga harbors a crush towards Keitaro but is unable to spit it out due to his jealousy getting in his way. By the time that he finally realized his wrong doing Keitaro had already become involved with the love interest of the route.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: An "I Always Wanted to Do That" example. In his perfect ending just before Keitaro and he are about to have their picture taken, he kisses Keitaro's cheek, suprising him, and after that says that he has always wanted to do that.
- In-Series Nickname: After his change of heart Yoichi starts nicknaming him "Dynamite".
- Jerkass Has a Point: He occasionally reminds Keitaro that no matter how much popular or well-liked you are, just one mistake will cost you everything.
- Jerkass Realization: In all the routes but his own. At the end of the second arc of the game, Eduard and Lee try to get Taiga to realize that he is misjudging Keitaro. Taiga pays no attention to this and is about to tell both of them to go away, that's it, until Eduard slaps him and gives him a brief "The Reason You Suck" Speech. He then realizes that he has been nothing but a Jerkass and a Bully to Keitaro and apologizes to him shortly after. In his route the realization comes while retrieving Keitaro's camera, which he unintentionally got stuck in a dangerous, almost unreachable place.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While he's the local bully and he hates Keitaro he actually cares very deeply for Lee and Edward, he's defended them from bullies in the past. Unfortunately, this resulted in the bullies using Taiga as their new victim.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He tries to get Keitaro expelled by framing him of taking a nude picture of Goro, and then he almost faces the same fate when both Goro and Keitaro, while trying to prove the latter's innocence, hear him confessing his involvement in the incident without him realising.
- Leitmotif: "Red Tiger".
- Loving Bully: During the first half of the game he insults Keitaro, tries to strip him of his optimistic personality by tormenting him, pins the appearence of a nude photo of Goro on him, which almost gets him expelled from the camp, burns his journal in a fit of rage (in all the routes sans his own) and turns him into his personal slave after winning a bet (in his own route only), all of this while being heavily implied to have a crush on Keitaro in addition of being jealous of him. He could give Helga Pataki a run for her money.
- Kill It with Fire.In all the routes except his own. He uses a lighter to burn Keitaro's journal near the end of Arc 2.
- Meaningful Name: Taiga is an obvious play on "Tiger." Akatora means "Red Tiger".
- Odd Name Out: He is the only one of the love interests whose name is not associated to a season of the year.
- Oh Crap: His reaction when Goro catches him confessing his involvement in the nude photo incident.
- Pet the Dog: In his route he tries to retreive Keitaro's camera after accidentally getting it stuck in a dangerous, difficult to reach place and in the other routes he seeks help from Keitaro's love interest in order to fix Keitaro's journal, which he had previously burned in a fit of jealousy and rage.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Taiga's route was originally planned to come out along with other routes, but it was postponed due to the team not meeting the deadline. Thankfully, Taiga was given a route of his own in the November 27th, 2019 update (the game came out in November of 2018), which is a massive upgrade from the Foe Yay he and Keitaro have early during the game regardless of the route.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has red eyes and is the main antagonist of Camp Buddy. Subverted after he has a change of heart at the end of the game's second arc/during the Beach trip (in the four main routes and his own route respectively)
- Right Behind Me: In all the routes but his own, after Hiro, Yoichi, Natsumi and Hunter conduct an investigation that leads to them finding out about Taiga being responsable for the photo incident and that he had framed Keitaro for it. He admits everything but tells the boys that their investigation was useless because no one would believe them, Goro wouldn't change his mind about expelling Keitaro and also calls him an "old fart". Turns out both Goro and Keitaro were looking for him and happened to walk in just in time to hear everything.
- The Rival: Proclaims himself as one to Keitaro.
- Rousseau Was Right: Taiga only has a sour attitude and behaves the way he does because of the negative impact the previous year's SportsFest incident left on him, before that he was an All-Loving Hero and a very sociable person.
- Seme and Uke: Unlike the other love interests in their respective routes, Taiga will be either one or the other depending on the responses the player chooses.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a noticeable scar above the bridge of his nose. This is a result of Kieran assaulting him during his previous year at Camp Buddy.
- Sir Swearsalot: Not as foul-mouthed as Yoichi, but he still lets out a chunk of curse words most of the time.
- Shipper on Deck: Revealed to actively ship Yoshinori with Goro.
- Stalker with a Crush: He has been secretly reading Keitaro's journal since the first time that the latter wrote it and remembers most of its content. The others immediately take note of this trope.
- Stripperiffic: His choice of swimwear rivals Yoichi's in term of skimpiness, if not more. Ditto his Warrior costume for the Costume Party, which he made It himself (altough in his defense, he does say that he would have added more things to it, thus making it less revealing, had Yuri given more materials to work with, but then again, this is Yuri who we are talking about).
- Sugar and Ice Personality: For the first half of the game he is presented as a Jerkass Bully who wants to make Keitaro's life miserable because of what he was put through the previous year making him change for the worst and his jelousy towards Keitaro's nice and charming personality clouding his judgement. After apologizing to Keitaro for everything that he had done to him, which includes burning his journal, he starts showing a much more friendly, kind and open personality.
- Shonen Hair: As stated above, his spiky hair is shaped like a flame. Judging from his bath scene, it's implied that he gells it.
- Tears of Remorse: He cries his heart out after he finally realizes how poorly he treated Keitaro and his friends. He also apologizes to Keitaro as he cries.
- Third Option Love Interest: More like Fifth Option Love Interest, with the choices to his route being hidden within the decisions before the sport festival. In addition, the player also has to avoid raising the relationship for the four main love interests above certain point to avoid triggering their route flags.
- Took a Level In Jerkass: The events of the previous' year's Sports Fest changed him for the worst. Keitaro arriving at Camp Buddy and getting along with everyone because of how nice he is was just the tip of the iceberg. Thankfully though...
- Took a Level In Kindness: ...In the four main routes, after Eduard comforts him not only does he apologize to Keitaro for treating him bad and burning his journal, he also seeks help from the current Love Interest of the route to repair the journal. In his route, both him and Keitaro bond during the beach trip and after a series of events, Taiga tries to recover Keitaro's camera, which had gotten stuck on a dangerous place due to Taiga getting angry at Yoshinori.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hamburgers, as seen in his route.
- Tsundere: Type A. Early in his route he is hostile towards Keitaro (and everyone else too, but he targets him more often than the others), but eventually warms up to him after he gains his affection. Unlike other tsunderes however, Taiga drops this after warming up to Keitaro, with the only reminder from it being calling him "dummy" from time to time.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: As told by Eduard and Lee, and his journal in his route, Taiga was just as much of a Nice Guy and an All-Loving Hero during his previous year at Camp Buddy as Keitaro is. That all changed when Taiga was blamed for beating up another camper by the Camp's bullies and Kieran, which caused him to develop the bicker and angry personality he has at the beggining of the game. He slowly reverts to this during the course of the game.
- Walking Spoiler: If you couldn't already tell by the amount of marked spoilers in this section.
- What You Are in The Dark: His animosity towards Keitaro unambiguously draws parallel to what he was put through in the previous year by the bullies that hurt him. Lampshaded by Taiga himself in his route..
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: As seen in Yoichi's route, he is terrified of dogs.
One of the instructors and the cook at the camp. Also one of the two possible love interests for Yoshinori.
Voiced by: Sean Chiplock
- Absolute Cleavage: He doesn't button his camp uniform, creating this effect.
- Aerith and Bob: Unlike the other instructors, his name does not sound Japanese.
- Animal Motif: Lizard, due to his tendency to strip out of his clothing.
- Ambiguous Situation: He is seen naked inside the same camping tent with Yoshinori in a flashback for a... reason. Also, in the Hunter Route, he confesses he's trying to impress someone, and then changes subject as if he's embarrassed, and later, is almost caught by Keitaro as he is having sex with Yoshinori.
- Ambiguously Brown: He has a darker skintone compared to other characters.
- Big Brother Mentor: Mostly for Hiro who even nicknames him "Aiden-bro", and a little for Hunter in his route.
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: While a Naked Apron is the last thing you would expect to see a scoutmaster wearing (Goro outright disapproves of it), most people dismiss it because the meals he prepares are just that good. He is also highly professional in other areas as well.
- Establishing Character Moment: While serving meals wearing nothing but a Naked Apron, he trips and spills eggs and milk on Yoshinori, both of them also make a lot of unintentional Double Entendres as he apologizes. All of this makes Yuri faint from the excitement of imagining... you most likely know where this is going.
- Hand or Object Underwear: He joined the swimsuit contest by wearing a leaf (and no, it's not even a leaf bikini, just a leaf), much to Yuri's ecstasy. Too bad he lost to Yoichi.
- In-Series Nickname: "Aiden-Bro" from Hiro and "Buttcheeks" from Yoichi.
- Iron Chef: Works as the only cook at the camp.
- Mr. Fanservice: All of his outfits are pretty titillating to say at least.
- Naked Apron: He wears one while cooking. His justification for wearing it is because of the kitchen's heat, especially during summer.
- Punny Name/Meaningful Name: Aiden. Not only is he the cook of the camp, he also works as both a medic and scoutmaster and is usually the one in charge of fixing certain problems like power outages. He also aids Yoshinori with emotional support in more than one occasion..
- Real Men Cook: He is the only cook at the camp, and his meals are very good if the camper's reactions are anything to go by.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Yoshinori, Yuri, and Goro.
The only female instructor, camp member, and Goro's daughter. She enjoys male-on-male romance.
Voiced by: Kawtsuki
- All There in the Manual: The artbook reveals that Yuri was previously an instructor at an all-girls branch of Camp Buddy prior to it closing down, forcing her to move to the main branch.
- Animal Motif: Butterfly, which is fitting for her personality and traits considering that butterflies are well known for their job at helping flowers pollinate.
- Buxom Is Better: Averted. Her breasts may be big, but no one ever comments on finding them attractive, which is justified because the game belongs to the Boys Love Genre and naturally none of the main characters are attracted to females.
- That Came Out Wrong: "Daddy! I mean... actual daddy!"
- The Chick: The only female of the staff at Camp Buddy (and the whole camp as well) and also a voice of reason during rough situations (being one of the few people who are able to knock some sense into Goro should be an achievement on it's own).
- Chivalrous Pervert: A rare female example. She may be a total pervert, but is also one of the most reliable characters in the game next to Aiden, Hunter, and Natsumi.
- Curtains Match the Window: Pink hair and pink eyes.
- Daddy's Girl: One of the most noticeable traits of Goro is that he never tries to stop her whenever her perverted tendencies come into action.
- Dominatrix: Her party costume motif.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Yuri will often look up for excuses to see and gaze at the boys (as well as Yoshinori and Aiden) wearing little to no clothes (in one ocassion she even tells Keitaro to take pictures for her). She seems to have a preference for Yoichi of all campers, a fact which scares him.
- Everyone Has Standards: During the end of the third act in Natsumi's route, Yuri accidentally locks up Keitaro and Natsumi in the office. Coitus Ensues between the two of them. When she later comes back alongside Hiro, Hunter and Yoichi, the last one asks her if she didn't lock them up on purpose just so the two of them could have some private time together, to which she answers by saying that she would never go as far as to do something like that.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wears a hibiscus in her hair at the beach.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Her scout outfit accentuates her curves very well, compared to the guys.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: While her waist is not too narrow, her bust size and wide hips make her fit into this trope. Just look at her.
- In-Series Nickname: Yoichi nicknames her "Crazy Lady", due to her perverted, and sometimes creepy, tendencies, which is somewhat understandable since Yuri seems to love Yoichi's body the most out of all the boys at camp.
- Last-Name Basis: Usually adresses the campers by their last names... except when she is talking about her fantasies out loud, in which case she switches to a First-Name Basis.
- Ms. Fanservice: A toned down variation due to the game being a BL Game but Yuri's costumes still accentuate her curvy figure very well, especially her dominatrix costume.
- Missing Mom: The whereabouts of her mother is yet to be mentioned, and Goro himself is pretty adamant in avoiding the topic. Wording from the artbook suggests that she wasn't in their life for a very long time.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Fitting for a BL enthusiat, Yuri writes romance fanfiction of the campers, usually her "OTP" (a.k.a Keitaro and his love Interest). She usually uses the events that occur at Camp Buddy as material for her fanfics.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Whenever Yuri drops her fangirl persona, it is a telling for the player that there is a serious problem at the moment.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair and is a kind, helpful, and reasonable instructor.
- Shipper on Deck:
- Ships Keitaro with all of his love interests.
- She also ships Yoshinori with Aiden and seems to ship her father with Yoshinori if the event on the first day at the beach is any indication.
- In Taiga's route, Yuri begins to ship Keitaro with Taiga once both of them start to have a good relationship with each others, taking all the pages of Foe Yay.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female in the camp.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stood at an impressive 171 cm, something not identifiable with how her sprite's height compares to the boys.
- Take That: Acording to Mikkoukun, Yuri's Yaoi Fangirl traits are inspired by real Yaoi Fangirls he met at anime conventions.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Exaggerated. A Running Gag in the game, and Played for Laughs. She even writes fanfiction of the campers!
Yuri's father and the headmaster of the camp. One of the two possible love interests for Yoshinori.
Voiced by: Ian Pabito
- Absurdly Youthful Father: Subtracting Yuri's age from his reveals that Goro fathered her when he was 19.
- Affectionate Nickname:
- "Gramps" by Aiden. At first Goro tells him to drop it (which Aiden doesn't) and eventually he accepts the nickname.
- "Silverfox" by Yoichi, after he started learning to understand the fellow camper's feeling without resorting to unreasonable anger.
- Animal Motif: Panda.
- Barely-There Swimwear: While his swimsuit isn't as risque as Taiga's, it hasn't done a good job of covering him up thanks to his oversized equipment.
- Beard of Sorrow: He isn't a happy guy by any definition at the start of the game as the camp that he started hasn't done so well, forcing him to close down other branches and losing his once important ideal. The previous year incident is just a cherry on the top of the cake.
- Cannot Spit It Out: It is clear to the audience that Goro does have feelings for Yoshi, but cannot tell him due to various circumstances.
- Gag Penis: His equipment is huge. Lampshaded by Aiden during the Beach Episode.
- Generation Xerox: His relationship with Yoshinori in the past is implied to be similar to the one between Yoshinori and Keitaro in the present.
- His pessimist personality also ironically draws parallel to Taiga's, with both started out as good-hearted idealist, but became sour due to the harsh reality wore them down, as well as both have an affection for Yoshinori/Keitaro but cannot split it out.
- Grandpa What Massive Hotness You Have: He may be in his late 40s, but he is not half bad.
- Large and In Charge: He is the biggest guy (in a lot of ways) at the camp and also holds the highest authority.
- Last-Name Basis: He always addresses the campers by their last names. He refers to Aiden, Yoshinori and Yuri (duh) with a First-Name Basis though.
- May-December Romance: The age difference between him and Yoshinori is quite noticeable.
- Pandaing to the Audience: His animal and party costume motif.
- Took a Level In Kindness: After he apologizes to Keitaro for accusing him of the photo incident and also gives Taiga one last chance of reedeming himself. Not only that, he starts being more considerate towards Yoshinori and Aiden and overall less strict with the campers. In Hunter's route he even acknowledges his talent and gives him the chance of studying at an Art School.
- Due to the photo incident not happening during Taiga's route and the beach trip going without any major issues, he softens quicker during this route than in the other four. He even lets both Keitaro and Taiga accompany him to buy the things that are necessary for the camp's Fundraiser, as well as being able to develop deeper romantic relationship with Yoshinori.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears a pink "granny apron" while baking cookies for his daughter and Yoshinori in Taiga's route. Also, according to the artbook, he does all the housework at home.
- Struggling Single Mother: Father in this case. The wording from the artbook implies that Yuri's mother hadn't been in their life for a very long time, and despite all the hardship, he managed to raise her into a wonderful lady (if having a somewhat perverted streak from time to time).
- Weight Woe: According to Yuri, Goro was having a lot trouble in putting on his old scoutmaster outfit. Yoshinori however, quickly points out that the problem must be coming from the fact that he'd put on even more muscles.
- Younger Than They Look: Often comments to the other camper (especially Aiden) that he is "not that old". As revealed in the profile from version 1.2, he is 47, which brings another trope into an affect.
Shintaro "Seto" Aihara
- A Date with Rosie Palms: During the investigation of the incident of Goro's nude photo, which Keitaro is blamed for, Seto explains with very specific detail how he had to go behind some bushes and masturbate because of how much his BL game aroused him.
- Animal Motifs: Cat. And his party costume is a cybercat.
- Barely-There Swimwear: Much like Yoichi's and Taiga's. His reasoning for this is that the less you wear, the less you weight and therefore it's easier to swim that way.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Usually helps Felix get his feet back on Earth whenever he expects to get luxury things and accommodations, as that is what he's been used to all his life.
- Cosplay: Seto says that he used to cosplay in the past.
- Idiot Hair: Has an ahoge on top his head.
- Not So Above It All: Seto appears to be one of the most serious characters in the game at first... and then some time later he explains his jack-off session in great detail.
- Only Known by His Nickname: Everyone calls him "Seto" instead of his real name "Shintaro".
- Otaku: Implied, as he says he has cosplayed in the past and he has been to various anime conventions.
- Ship Tease: With Felix. Not only they are Those Two Guys, they geniunely enjoy each other's company. Helps that Felix and Seto share a relationship as The Cloudcuckoolander and The Cloudcuckoolander's Mind respectively. Keitaro can also catch him swimming naked with Felix in one of the routes.
- Straight Man: Especially when putting him next to Felix or Taiga before the latter's Heel Face Turn. Then again, he doesn't have any issues explaining how he masturbated behind some bushes.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Him and Felix are this, with Seto being a Straight Man and Felix a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Those Two Guys: With Felix.
- Aerith and Bob: His name is not a typical japanese name.
- Animal Motifs: Arctic fox.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Felix usually asks if Camp Buddy has any luxury accomodations or butlers just to name a few things. This is a result of him living in a rich enviroment all his life and not learning about how other places work or how other people live like.
- In-Series Nickname: Yoichi nicknames him "Snowball".
- Ship Tease: With Seto. Not only they are Those Two Guys, they geniunely enjoy each other's company. Helps that Felix and Seto share a relationship as The Cloudcuckoolander and The Cloudcuckoolander's Mind respectively.
- Shrinking Violet: Quiet and timid, he sticks around Seto for company and comfort.
- Secretly Wealthy: Turns out he's the son of a famous writer who is also one of the richest people in the world. Because of this, Felix plays a big part in saving Camp Buddy from having to shut down.
- Spoiled Sweet: A rare male example. As stated in the previous trope, Felix is incredibly wealthy but also a very nice person.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Him and Seto can come off as this, with Seto being a Straight Man and Felix being a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Those Two Guys: With Seto.
- Aerith and Bob: His name is not a typical japanese name.
- Animal Motifs: Flamingo.
- Beauty Mark: Has one on his right cheek.
- Camp Gay/Camp Straight: He's all about being fabulous and glamorous, though his sexual preference is not stated in the game, unlike the others.
- Clark Kenting: At the end of Arc 3 almost nobody recognizes Eduard while he is In his prince costume because he styled his hair in a different way.
- Heel Face Turn
- In-Series Nickname: Because of his hair, Yoichi gave him the nickname of "Spaghetti-Boy".
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Type B. Eduard is always concerned about his appearence, usually applies makeup every morning and uses facemasks to sleep, his color motif is dark pink, he talks like a stereotypical Valley Girl and sometimes he comments on wanting to be a "queen".
- Leave the Two Lovebirds Alone: It is revealed toward the end of Taiga's route that he and Lee purposely leave the cabin as early as possible every morning so that Keitaro and Taiga can have their own "private time" together.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: One of his voiced lines is this.
- Sissy Villain: Combine some of the entries avobe with the fact that he is one of Taiga's lackeys and that he assists him in his schemes to humiliate Keitaro. Subverted later on after his Heel Face Turn.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: His reaction after seeing Yoichi in his swimsuit during the beach trip can only be described as 'a la Squidward.'
- Eduard: "Oh no, he's hot!"
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Lee. Subverted after their Heel Face Turn.
Leonard "Lee" Kurosawa
A smart boy with sharp tongue and the other half of Taiga's lackey
- Animal Motifs: Snake.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Japanese/Half-European, if his name is anything to go by.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Wears glasses and takes part in Taiga's schemes for harrasing Keitaro. Subverted after his Heel Face Turn.
- Heel Face Turn
- In-Series Nickname: "Four-Eyes", courtesy of Yoichi. Now, why would he have chosen a nickname like this one? It's anyone's guess.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Zigzagged. He is clearly quite intelligent, knowledgeable, and perceptive. However, his tendency to go overboard and being controlling toward others were the reasons that he was bullied in the previous year.
- Leave the Two Lovebirds Alone: It is revealed toward the end of Taiga's route that he and Eduard purposely leave the cabin as early as possible every morning so that Keitaro and Taiga can have their own "private time" together.
- No Social Skills: Due to his tendency of making everything he says sound so complicated, he has had a hard time making friends. In Natsumi's route he is impressed with Seto's ability of maintaining a normal conversation with another person while they are both working on a protect, something he finds rather difficult to accomplish.
- Only Known by His Nickname: He doesn't like his name and prefers to be adressed as "Lee".
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He is intelligent and wears glasses.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Eduard. Subverted after their Heel Face Turn.
These characters are usually exclusive to a specific route and have some connection to the Love Interest of said route.
Natsumi's older brother
- Animal Motifs: Hercules Beetle.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Presents himself as a nice and helpful person who wants the best for his little brother and his friends, however, he puts Natsumi under a lot of pressure, making him screw up during chores and things he would do perfectly well under normal circumstances, and he is pretty aware of what he is doing. He also admits to Keitaro to have been doing this to his brother for a long time (and for the record, it's only Natsumi, he doesn't treat anyone else in the Camp this way). Once Natsumi eventually has enough and points out his brother's flaws, Naoto then goes on to give him "The Reason You Suck" Speech which, obviously, does more harm than good to Natsumi.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Natsumi's Abel. Naoto usually makes Natsumi feel like he is less than him in every single way possible. This wouldn't be so bad if Naoto actually cared about how Natsumi is feeling.
- Cool Big Bro: Natsumi sees him as one and constantly talks about how much he admires him. This ends up subverted once Naoto is revealed to be psychologically abusive to Natsumi.
- Evil Is Sexy: He may be psychologycally abusive towards Natsumi all while presenting himself as a Nice Guy, but you have to admit that he is fairly attractive.
- Freudian Excuse: Though not explicitly said in the story, it's implied that all of his over-achievement was because he wanted to admired by Natsumi as his one and only amazing big brother.
- Hypocrite: When delivering an undeserved "The Reason You Suck" Speech to his brother, he accuses him of doing all he has done in the Camp just for his own satisfaction at being praised and rewarded and not because he cares about anyone else, but at the same time Naoto is heavily implied to have become such a talented person not because he wanted, but just so Natsumi would see him as some kind of role-model.
- Kick the Dog: He gives Natsumi "The Reason You Suck" Speech which is not only incredibly insensitive and undeserved, but he also doesn't seem to care about the inferiority complex his brother suffers.
- Nice Character, Mean Actor: Played with. Naoto is known for his works, which range from acting to modeling, but he presents himself as a Nice Guy, however he has a pretty toxic relationship with his brother and is often making him feel inferior to him.
- Strong Family Resemblance: You can tell at glance that he's Natsumi's older brother.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Natsumi stating that all he's done in the camp is for his own satisfaction at being praised and rewarded and not because he cared about his friends. Needless to say he comes off as a very insensitive person.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: It seems to run in the family.
- Walking Spoiler: It is very difficult to talk about him without giving away major spoilers for Natsumi's route.
Archer and Heather Springfield
- Animal Motifs: Hare for Archer and Fuzzy Lop for Heather.
- Education Mama: Not just Heather, but Archer too. They both want Hunter to grow up as a successful person and take over their business company in the future, which is the reason why he has been home schooled all his life and why they were initially against the idea of Hunter wanting to go to an art school.
- Family Theme Naming: "Archer" and "Hunter". "Heather" on the other hand is the Odd Name Out.
- Hartman Hips: While not too exaggerated, Heather clearly has these.
- Hot Mom and Hot Dad: Self-Explanatory.
- Motherly Side Plait: Heather styles her hair like this.
- Older Than They Look: Believe it or not, Heather is 42 years old while Archer is 43.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It is not a stretch to say that Hunter takes a lot after his mother.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Archer wears glasses and also runs a successful business company with Heather.
- Animal Motifs: Red Panda.
- Ill Girl: She is suffering from a disease during the the time the game takes place. Of course, Hiro is very worried about her.
- Struggling Single Mother: Implied, as Hiro's father is nowhere to be seen nor is he ever brought up during conversations. The fact that she suffers from an unespecified illness is something to take into account as well.
- Walking Spoiler: It is very difficult to talk about her without giving away major spoilers for Hiro's route.
Someone who once attended Camp Buddy with Taiga.
- Ambiguously Brown: His skin color is darker than the rest of the cast (even more than Aiden's) but his ethnicity is never brought up. However, judging from his full name, it could be possible that he is bi-racial.
- Animal Motifs: Lion.
- The Atoner: He feels (and is) responsible for everything that happened to Taiga and for ruining Camp Buddy's reputation to the point where it almost shut down for good, so after seeing Taiga again, he decided to volunteer for the Camp's Fundraiser in order to make up for his mistakes and apologize to Taiga.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: According to Eduard and Lee, Kieran rarely interacted with anyone other than Taiga during the previous summer term. Then there's what happened at the Sportsfest.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Taiga only wanted to spend time with his new friends. Kieran was having none of that and decided to get back at him for not spending time with him. Props to him for feeling guilty for his actions later on however.
- Didn't Think This Through: Sure Kieran, OF COURSE betraying your best friend and lover is the best solution to you guys falling apart because you don't want to be around him and his friends at the same time! I'm pretty sure that will fix all of your problems in no time.
- Driven by Envy: The reason for he decided to plot "revenge" against Taiga is because Taiga decided to spend more time with New friends instead of him.
- First Love: He was Taiga's first boyfriend before the latter got together with Keitaro. Their relationship ended very badly though.
- Foil: To Hiro. Both Hiro and Kieran have a very close relationship with the ones they are in love with (Keitaro and Taiga respectively), have a Single-Target Sexuality towards them and are both prone to jealousy when they spend time with someone else. However, Kieran does not appreciate Taiga spending time with other people instead of him whereas Hiro, while still upset about it, knows how to respect Keitaro's wishes. Kieran also managed to get in a relationship with Taiga whereas Hiro has only remained as Keitaro's best friend due to him being Oblivious to Love (unless Keitaro decides to choose him as his Love Interest). On the other side of things, Hiro is outgoing and very friendly while Kieran barely spoke with anyone and was not interested in making any other friends besides Taiga.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Inverted. Is not that he dislikes other people, but other than Taiga during the previous summer, it didn't look like he cared about whether people accepted him or not. And when Taiga decided to spend time with new friends instead of him...
- Freudian Excuse: As much as he regrets it, what he did to Taiga is not pretty nor justified.
- If I Can't Have You: Downplayed. Seeing as Taiga seemingly prefered the company of his friends to his, he decided to plot "revenge" by ruining his reputation with the help of the Camp's bullies. However it seems like he Didn't Think This Through as he never thought it would escalate to the point it would become an incident that would ruin Camp Buddy's reputation or that it would cause his relationship with Taiga to end in disaster. He regrets every minute of it.
- In-Series Nickname: "Eyebags" by, you guessed it, Yoichi.
- Meaningful Name: Fitting for his appearence, his last name, Moreno, is spanish for "brown" or "tan" depending on the context.
- My Friends and Zoidberg: Kieran grew more distant with Taiga due to him not wanting to socialize with anyone else other than him, as a result Taiga teamed up with Yoichi, Natsumi, Eduard and Lee for the previous year's Sports fest, excluding Kieran. That was the final straw for him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Blaming Taiga of something he didn't or would never do (beating up another camper) and then assaulting him, giving him the scar he has on his face. He deeply regrets all of this.
- My Greatest Failure: Making the Sportsfest a disaster of a event due to his jealousy, destroying his relationship with Taiga, giving him the scar he has and ruining Camp Buddy's reputation. We can at least give him credit for acknowledging his mistakes and try to make up for all of them.
- Only Friend: Okay, he and Taiga were more than friends, but Kieran never bothered to make friends with anyone else during the time he spent at Camp Buddy prior to the game's events.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Seems to have one towards Taiga. Subverted at the end of Taiga's route, as he has found someone else. Maybe...
- Tears of Remorse: When he propertly apologizes to Taiga for what happened the previous year.
- Walking Spoiler: It is very difficult to talk about him without giving away major spoilers for Taiga's route.
- We Used to Be Friends: More than just friends actually. Taiga doesn't like talking about him that much and never brings him up during conversations. It is for a good reason, as Kieran reminds Taiga of a past he is trying to forget and make up for. At the end of his route however, they are back on good terms with each other.
- Yandere: Downplayed. See Crazy Jealous Guy avobe.