|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Ladies, always remember: where there are Nerds, there's money to be made from putting on a low-cut top and pouting. And of course, the internet is jam-packed full of nerds of all shapes and sizes (mostly "round" and "large", respectively), so it was inevitable that a whole industry would develop based around low-resolution .gifs of women's cleavage.
The Cam Whore, for those of you pretending not to know, is a young lady - typically pretty and typically nubile - who teases willing visitors on her webcam in exchange for goods, typically via their Amazon wish lists. Exactly how much a Cam Whore shows off depends on her propriety and 'character', but most seem to make a healthy second income from just showing off their underwear. Charging actual money or going into explicit sex acts takes one out of Cam Whore territory and into the actual porn bracket.
Incredibly, there is now an entirely virtual version of the Cam Whore thanks to the invention of Second Life, where people will turn their avatars into virtual strippers or lapdances in exchange for Virtual money (Lindens). This can then be exchanged for real currency.
Anime and Manga
- It's strongly implied that Mari Gotojuki of Digimon V-Tamer 01 did this or a toned-down version of it before she was recruited by Neo Saiba.
- Kate on United States of Tara briefly becomes this during Season 2.
- This is one of the character classes you can choose to play in Forum Warz.
- Midori (aka Dolly) from Devil Survivor.
- In World of Warcraft, some players would strip their female Night Elf characters out of their armor and have them sexy dance on top of the Ironforge mailbox for tips.
- The entire point of Stickam.
- This is made fun of at The Best Page in The Universe here. (warning, Not Safe for Work)
- Drake of Bronyism snarkily points out Femadmin for doing this.