|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
...That's why I'm here. I'm trying to tear down The Wall. I want a little bit of human contact that I can stand. I don't want to be alone any more.Is there anybody out there?
Call The Schoolmaster is a Blog horror story, written by Foolamancer, that takes place within The Fear Mythos. It follows the story of an unnamed protagonist who takes up the pen name "Pink" and starts a blog in an effort to escape their life of isolation and abuse. Pink's life is entirely controlled by their abusive parents, and things only get worse from there.
It can be read here.
Tropes for Call The Schoolmaster
- Abusive Parents: Bill and Ellen, played straight.
- Break the Cutie: Pink.
- Character Development: Pink begins the story as a lonely victim of abuse. She ends it as an emotionally-dulled killer who spits in the face of a Humanoid Abomination.
- Children Are Innocent: Averted hard.
- Corrupt the Cutie: The Wooden Girl tries this with Pink. It doesn't work.
- Despair Event Horizon: The Cold Boy abandons Pink when they most need support, causing Pink to give up on their goal of finding some human contact in favor of getting Revenge against Bill and Ellen.
- Friendless Background: Pink.
- Hallucinations: Pink hallucinates seeing "the Worms" squirming under everyone's skin, people becoming the twisted illustrations from The Wall, and The Wooden Girl controlling everything.
- Humanoid Abomination: The Cold Boy and The Wooden Girl.
- If You Kill Him You Will Be Just Like Him: The Wooden Girl's entire plan for Pink involves manipulating them into killing Bill and Ellen. Pink goes through with it, but maintains that it isn't the same, because Bill and Ellen hurt Pink first.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Loners Are Freaks: The rest of the town sees Pink as this.
- Marionette Master: The Wooden Girl is something between this and The Chessmaster.
- Mood Motif: The Wall.
- Plot Parallel: With The Wall, to the point that each post in Pink's blog is named after a song from the album and contains lyrics from that song.
- Samus Is a Girl: Pink is Christie Waterman from In the Shuffling Madness.
- Sanity Slippage: Pink.
- Stopped Caring: Pink.
- The Chessmaster: The Wooden Girl is depicted as something between this and Marionette Master. The Cold Boy also manipulates Pink pretty heavily, with nothing more than a smile.
- The Corrupter: The Wooden Girl.
- The Reveal: Pink is actually Christie Waterman, from In the Shuffling Madness.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Pink, in the end.