The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Continuity Snarl: Is Operation: Kingfish canon or not?
- Follow the Leader: Changed the "generic shooter" from WWII to modern with the release of Call of Duty 4.
- Genre Killer: For WWII games, despite not actually being one. It inspired a wave of similar modern series or modern updates of formerly WWII series.
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- Sgt Foley: RAMIREZ!, THE REAPERS ARE ATTACKING BURGER TOWN!
- General Shepherd prefers the term "Artificial Person", himself.
- Poseidon is Soap Mactavish, from Modern Warfare 2 onwards.
- William Fichtner (Black Hawk Down, Drive Angry) is MW 3's Sandman, while Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Hitman) is Grinch (Tobey Maguire was initially reported to voice the character) and Idris Elba (The Losers, Takers) is Truck.
- Craig Fairbrass voices three different characters in the series' history (Gaz, Ghost and Wallcroft in that order). If the distinct Cockney accent didn't give it away, they you must be sent to a mental hospital.
- Waraabe, and by proxy the African Militia announcer, is Ike Dubaku
- The P.M.C. announcer in multiplayer is Jushiro Ukitake
- In the Japanese dub, Price is Colonel Smirnov.
- Similarly, in Japanese, Makarov is Ali al-Saachez, and both fit the bill as bloodthirsty mercenaries.
- Overlord is Gendo Ikari.
- Kana Ueda voices in the Japanese dub Vorshevsky's daughter.
- Zakhaev in the flashbacks is voiced by Norio Wakamoto. Being Wakamoto, it was easy to imagine that the statue of Zakhaev in Modern Warfare 2 might be actually of Chiyo-Chichi!
- And by this , we could safely conclude that Sugintou from Rozen Maiden is one of the crew of the AC-130.
- Captain MacMillan is Markus Corvinus and Vincent van Gogh from that episode of Doctor Who.
- I Knew It!: Theories that Vladimir Makarov was the First Horseman were correct.
- What Could Have Been: In spring of 2011, a lot of info about Modern Warfare 3 was leaked. including concept art and the game's plot (You can read it here). While most of the plot is similar to what made it into the final product, there are several interesting differences such as a mission set in the Kremlin and Sandman participating in the final mission to kill Makarov.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.